Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed one in dark smoke. The wife and I just rode the RGS to dinner and I can say I am thrilled! I’m 6’2” and with only 100 miles on the new bike I knew I was going to need a better windshield. With the stock shield the air was hitting me in the eyes and ears bad! The buffeting was terrible and the stereo couldn’t be heard over about 50 even wide open. I was even considering upgrading the stereo. After this simple change it’s a totally different bike! No buffering! The air is smooth even at 70! The stock stereo can now be heard clearly! I know this sounds like an advertisement for KW but it’s not just one satisfied customer!!

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
I'm trying to find something that will allow me to hear the radio at above 70 mph and also allow me to see easily over the windshield. So far I chosen poor radio sound over staring at the edge of the windshield. Maybe I'll give klockwerks a try.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just installed one in dark smoke. The wife and I just rode the RGS to dinner and I can say I am thrilled! I’m 6’2” and with only 100 miles on the new bike I knew I was going to need a better windshield. With the stock shield the air was hitting me in the eyes and ears bad! The buffeting was terrible and the stereo couldn’t be heard over about 50 even wide open. I was even considering upgrading the stereo. After this simple change it’s a totally different bike! No buffering! The air is smooth even at 70! The stock stereo can now be heard clearly! I know this sounds like an advertisement for KW but it’s not just one satisfied customer!!
This was my experience as well. The KW 14” Sport Flare was for sure one of my better mod choices. And yes, anybody looking to upgrade their audio system should start by changing the windshield first.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Love mine. Stereo was ok at 70. Now with the amp and speakers. Life is good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Klock Werks 14” Sport Flare...??

Got the windshield for my 2019 Road Glide Special... Also had a similar one for my 2008 Road Glide. The first one was good. The current one is WAY better on this particular bike. With the stock windshield I was getting wind right between the eyes (I am 5’10” tall)... Had to wear a full-face helmet to make riding bearable. With the Sport Flare I can go back to an open-faced helmet with no issues. Secondly, the stereo is MUCH easier to hear. And that is a STOCK stereo at that (but I WILL be changing that out, too). I highly recommend the Sport Flare.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Here's my 14" smoked on 19rgs. I love the shield. I've never ridden the bike without it. Brought it to the dealer when bike was being prepped so I can't comment on the difference between the small stock one. But being over 6'2", I knew the stock shield wasn't going to cut it. Plus I can hear the stereo with a 3/4 helmet on at highway speeds no problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just installed it after using a loaner from my HD dealer here in San Diego. Love it, with one tiny issue. The bolt holes do not line up 100% with the faring holes. Off by about 1/8th inch, so it leaves an ever so slight bowing-out in the middle of the faring. I will dremel the KW holes just a pinch and it will 100%. Really like the windshield. Much much better for stereo sound and wind buffering.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
The 14" Sportsflair is fantastic on our bikes.
I also like the LRS 10" & 14" stingray.
Swomack

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have a 10" LRS right now and most times I can ride with my visor flipped up without issues. Have really been thinking about a 12" or 14" KW. I tried a friend's 9" KW and didn't see any difference between that and my LRS.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Had a 14" KW but switched over to a LRS Stingray.

Reactions: Swomack

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Bars hit windshield at full lock, @Swomack had same issue and had said he tried a LRS, so I went that way too and never went back to the KW. Ended up giving it to my brother to put on his Ultra, and he's happy with it.
It's a great shield though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bars hit windshield at full lock, @Swomack had same issue and had said he tried a LRS, so I went that way too and never went back to the KW. Ended up giving it to my brother to put on his Ultra, and he's happy with it.
It's a great shield though.
Bevis: Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bevis: Thanks for the feedback.
I have been looking at both for my 15 RGS the price is a big differences almost $100 cheaper for LRS Stingray and the bars hitting was another issue I thought about running only 12 inch but did have some concern.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts