Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I use to run my KW 14” Sportsflair with my 13” LA Choppers Twin Peak apes but if I turned hard left or right, it would hit this shield

I’ve been running LRS shields for a couple years now and really like them

I have two Stingrays

A 10” & 13”

For shits and giggles I put the Sportsflair on my bike with now 16” apes thinking they would hit for sure

Well the 16” apes worked without hitting

I forgot just how much better I liked this windshield

The design looks killer and works fantastic

Can hear my tunes and wear my black baseball cap without it blowing off my head

Very happy with all the windshield options I now have

The reason I am starting this thread is because I have stated in the past that if you have apes, the 14” Sportsflair might not be the best windshield

Well it totally depends on the style of the apes

Good info to share with my RG brothers

Swomack

·
Registered
500 Posts
Looking good! Glad to hear the combo works. How long has it been sitting on the shelf? Lol. I suppose now you are not wanting to trade your 14" for a 7"....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's The first Thing I put on my New bike,Works great no wind like stock windshield.This is my first RGS an after 2 previous Street Glides There was too much wind for me.The KlockWerx 14in. Sport Tour Works great,No more wind my loosely Buckled non dot helmet stays put.I have 14 in.Yaffe Monkey Bars No problem hitting windshield when turning.

Reactions: Swomack

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking good! Glad to hear the combo works. How long has it been sitting on the shelf? Lol. I suppose now you are not wanting to trade your 14" for a 7"....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Shit

The Sportsflair sat on the shelf for a couple of years

Looks like I will keep it and purchase a KW 9"

Swomack

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's The first Thing I put on my New bike,Works great no wind like stock windshield.This is my first RGS an after 2 previous Street Glides There was too much wind for me.The KlockWerx 14in. Sport Tour Works great,No more wind my loosely Buckled non dot helmet stays put.I have 14 in.Yaffe Monkey Bars No problem hitting windshield when turning.
Sure Looks Killer On Your M8

Truly a great windshield IMO

I dig your sissy bar setup

Swomack

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Such a damn good looking bike!
I always liked the looks of your bike

A real riders bike

Nothing better

My 2015 RGS has 54,000 miles on the clock and it's been truly a great bike

I'll keep this bike forever

Maybe end up buying another bike for the stable

Thanks for your remark The Volusianator

Swomack

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sure Looks Killer On Your M8

Truly a great windshield IMO

I dig your sissy bar setup

Swomack
A good windshield indeed especially for me after rideing Street Glides for 10yrs.,Was the only complaint I had about this bike,Besides that love this Road Glide Will never go back to a BatWing.Yea I wanted something Different When I got a new Bike that's why I went with a RoadGlide.Had a Chopped Tour Pac on my SG,But after I got it did not really like it,Did not use it enough to justify it an did not like the Xtra Wt.Got this Old School Sissy Bar on E-Bay,Wife says its Comfortable Have not Seen another like it,Everyone Likes it an It looks Good With the Bars.WindShield Looks Good on Your Bike With The 16s.

Reactions: Swomack

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have 14" Factory 47's on my bike & bought the 14" KW Sport Flare & ended up having to pull the bars back a little to make it work. It actually turned out for the best
pulling them back, turns out pulling the bars back improved the comfort for me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have 14in. Yaffe Oem Monkey Bars No problem hitting on Mine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have 14" Factory 47's on my bike & bought the 14" KW Sport Flare & ended up having to pull the bars back a little to make it work. It actually turned out for the best
pulling them back, turns out pulling the bars back improved the comfort for me.
I'm thinking of doing a similar setup. I bought my RGS with 14" Renegades on it. I'm concerned that the 14" Sport Flare will hit the bars at full lock. How far did you pull back the bars so they didn't hit? My Renegades are slightly forward and I would like to avoid bringing them back past the rake of the forks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have yaffe 16 inch apes on my 19 road glide and they do hit a bit on full turn with the klockwerks 14" sport shield.. I am going to put a little felt in the spots it hits on my cables. It's only on full left or right lock and the shield does move a bit. But I did read it wouldn't hit with 16s. That's incorrect. And I don't even have them rolled as far forward as i usually do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts