Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'20 RGS
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the past week I've tried two different Klock Werks screens on my bike. For reference, I'm 6'1, 33-34" inseam, and I'm using a Predator 3 extended reach seat which puts me back 1.5" over stock.

First I ordered the 14" Sport Flare screen on Amazon prime, got it 2 days later and installed it. I took it for a short spin, cruising at speeds of up to 80mph, and immediately noticed that almost no wind was hitting my face. I could hear the radio perfectly, and I could easily see the road while riding (first time sitting on the bike I thought it was too tall, as I was looking at items in my garage which were less than 25 ft in front of me).

Only drawback? I thought it ruined the lines of the bike from some angles... Other than that, literally perfect...

Here's the 14" screen:

But, because I'm kind of an idiot, I wanted something that looked better and fit the lines of the bike a bit better. I spoke with the seller and exchanged that screen for a 9" version of their sport flare.

Same perfect fitment, and it feels like it's half as tall.

My review of this screen:

It's 20x better than stock. It's obviously not as good as the 14" screen in terms of wind protection, but the wind that's hitting me definitely feels "cleaner" and I have no wind buffeting/turbulent air pulling my helmet or face around (when not wearing a helmet) like I did with the stock screen. I can hear my radio quite easily, although obviously not as well as the 14" again.

I'm keeping the 9" screen because I think it looks a lot better, and I think the screen was worth every penny ($240 or so).

·
Registered
'20 RGS
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Side by side, my POV on bike.

14" vs 9"

·
Registered
418 Posts
I like the looks of the 9 also. I have the 14” and it hits my line site a little lower than i like after i switched seats. I think if i went 9” i would be all up in the wind and take some of the radio away that i like. But, if i have money to blow i might try it for short local rides. Thanks for the review

·
Registered
132 Posts
I looked into the Klockwerks and Memphis Shades. In the end I couldn't justify the extra $$ for Klockwerks so I went with Memphis Shades Spoiler 8.5" (USA made and $150). After about 4,500 miles it's been great for 6'4" rider. Looks similar to pic above for 14.5 Klockwerks but I think this one has a more aerodynamic look. All personal preference.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
900 Posts
Yep the 9 looks better. I ended up with the 12" pro tour, it was going to be too long of a wait for the 14 and I was worried the 9 wouldn't provide enough protection. I am very happy with this shield. I had the HD ultra shield on my other RGS and this one provides the same wind protection but looks way better.
I am with jstucker, if I have some extra cash it may be nice to have the 9" as well. But there are some other things I would like to do to the bike first.
Thought I had a picture of the "new" windshield but i guess I have't taken any pictures of the bike in the last month and a half.

·
Registered
86 Posts
So over the past week I've tried two different Klock Werks screens on my bike. For reference, I'm 6'1, 33-34" inseam, and I'm using a Predator 3 extended reach seat which puts me back 1.5" over stock.

First I ordered the 14" Sport Flare screen on Amazon prime, got it 2 days later and installed it. I took it for a short spin, cruising at speeds of up to 80mph, and immediately noticed that almost no wind was hitting my face. I could hear the radio perfectly, and I could easily see the road while riding (first time sitting on the bike I thought it was too tall, as I was looking at items in my garage which were less than 25 ft in front of me).

Only drawback? I thought it ruined the lines of the bike from some angles... Other than that, literally perfect...

Here's the 14" screen:

But, because I'm kind of an idiot, I wanted something that looked better and fit the lines of the bike a bit better. I spoke with the seller and exchanged that screen for a 9" version of their sport flare.

Same perfect fitment, and it feels like it's half as tall.

My review of this screen:

It's 20x better than stock. It's obviously not as good as the 14" screen in terms of wind protection, but the wind that's hitting me definitely feels "cleaner" and I have no wind buffeting/turbulent air pulling my helmet or face around (when not wearing a helmet) like I did with the stock screen. I can hear my radio quite easily, although obviously not as well as the 14" again.

I'm keeping the 9" screen because I think it looks a lot better, and I think the screen was worth every penny ($240 or so).

I run the 9 on mine and love it. I'm right at 6 ft.

·
Registered
'20 RGS
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ Interesting how much larger the 10" looks..

·
Registered
544 Posts
I run the 9” too. I compensate for the additional wind noise by using 8” fairing speakers and 4400Watts of power from my amps - LOL

Being 5’ 10” helps in this regard too. One of the few benefits of being short.

Reactions: Ryan...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im 5'10" and had to strench to see over the 10" LRS. The 9" Klockwerks is perfect for me and pushes the wind just over my helmet. I do run a low seat.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the 9 inch on my 2017 RGS and the 12 inch Pro Touring on my 2020 CVO. I like the 9 inch for solo riding and the 12 works better for the wife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts