Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed the KW 14" Sport Flare (dark smoke) that my fiance' ordered over Father's Day for me. Went for a quick ride and what a difference it makes. I know a lot of guys complain about turbulence over the sides of the Sport Flare due to its design, but I felt no such problems. I have a slight breeze in my face at all speeds from 30 - 40 mph, all the way up to 75 mph. The stock shield badly vibrated my prescription glasses/sunglasses and made it difficult to see. Any distance trips had to be made with my full face for this reason. I have not tried the full face yet, however I don't see any buffeting issues with the helmet since there were no such problems with my 1/2 helmet and glasses. I love the aesthetic of this shield and I like how the side profile fits the angles of the fairing. It also really does feel like the front of the bike is well planted and that the "hips" of the shield really create downforce on the front of the motorcycle that makes it feel firmly planted. I'll post several shots for all of you wondering the difference between stock and the KW Sport Flare. Lastly, for reference, I am 5'9 with a 29" inseam, however I sit up high when riding, so I typically measure about the same size on windshields as someone who is 5'11 - 6 ft. tall.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Looks great. I love mine. I'm 5' 10" 32ish inseam. I wear a full face. Well a Shark Evoline 3. But it's closed 95% of the time. 0 buffeting.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
On my way home from the dealer when I picked my new bike up the First 2 things I new I was Changing was The Windshield an Bars.The stock windshield looks good,But after coming off of 2 Previous StreetGlides Too much wind for me especially since I run A loosely Buckled non dot helmet just about blew my helmet off.Put a KlockWerx 14 in. Sport Tour Tinted windshield on problem solved an dosent look to bad,Then I put 14 in.Monkee bars on an I felt at home.Not really posting pictures on here,I am not able to view anyones posted pictures,Wish they would Fix this site,Been going on HD forums a lot lately.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just installed the KW 14" Sport Flare (dark smoke) that my fiance' ordered over Father's Day for me. Went for a quick ride and what a difference it makes. I know a lot of guys complain about turbulence over the sides of the Sport Flare due to its design, but I felt no such problems. I have a slight breeze in my face at all speeds from 30 - 40 mph, all the way up to 75 mph. The stock shield badly vibrated my prescription glasses/sunglasses and made it difficult to see. Any distance trips had to be made with my full face for this reason. I have not tried the full face yet, however I don't see any buffeting issues with the helmet since there were no such problems with my 1/2 helmet and glasses. I love the aesthetic of this shield and I like how the side profile fits the angles of the fairing. It also really does feel like the front of the bike is well planted and that the "hips" of the shield really create downforce on the front of the motorcycle that makes it feel firmly planted. I'll post several shots for all of you wondering the difference between stock and the KW Sport Flare. Lastly, for reference, I am 5'9 with a 29" inseam, however I sit up high when riding, so I typically measure about the same size on windshields as someone who is 5'11 - 6 ft. tall.
I'm the same height and inseam as you and I usually look at guys that are 6 to 6'2" for reviews. My 14 sport flare just cracked(my fault screwed it too tight) was perfect for me I just did not purchase again due to the windshield vibrating on decel or below 2200 rpm. Looks great functions well and it's all clean air hitting you. Just ordered a KW 12 inch pro touring, it does not vibrate at all which is good for me but I still love the look of the sport flare. Good choice and good luck.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you got another KW and are happy with it.... now go enjoy some Shady Maples for me and enjoy the ride!!!!

I'm the same height and inseam as you and I usually look at guys that are 6 to 6'2" for reviews. My 14 sport flare just cracked(my fault screwed it too tight) was perfect for me I just did not purchase again due to the windshield vibrating on decel or below 2200 rpm. Looks great functions well and it's all clean air hitting you. Just ordered a KW 12 inch pro touring, it does not vibrate at all which is good for me but I still love the look of the sport flare. Good choice and good luck.

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
No trouble @ all with my 14” Sportflare. Love the looks and function of it. No helmet buffeting with full face or skid lid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts