Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been following the windshield thread for the 2015 RG. See a few "its in the mail or due on the porch at anytime. Looking for rider experience. don't want to start collecting windshields, like before. No word from Madstad.

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered one from Eastern Performance, I Have had it on my RG for about 3 weeks.The one I installed was the Sport Flare. Works great, less wind and helps with the noise. Hope it Helps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered one from Eastern Performance, I Have had it on my RG for about 3 weeks.The one I installed was the Sport Flare. Works great, less wind and helps with the noise. Hope it Helps.
Thanks, mind sharing which one you purchased, and size.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got my Sport Flare on Wed. night after a 320 mike ride with the stock shield. The stock 15 shield is better than the stock toenail shield from previous generation RG's. I also have an 09 with a 14" TRSSC Cee Bailey's shield that I really like.

Fit and finish were top notch, literally a 2 minute changeout for the new shield. I t does come back closer to the rider which helps with the air flow. It also covers the screen a little more which may help with the sun glare.

As commented on the KW thread there is some vibration of the shield on decel but accel and at cruise it is rock solid. I am 6'1 with 34" inseam and can see over the shield with no problems. I bought the dark tint which is similar to the stock HArley tint. You could see through it if you had to. I can see the pavement about 50 feet in front of me which is about the same as the Cee Bailey's on my 09.

The airflow is perfect for me. I did a 5 mile quick test with just a ball cap on, cruised at 70 and went up to 85. Very little airflow around the top of the head and ears. Interesting all the airflow is coming up beside the tank. When I keep my legs close to the tank there is absolutely no airflow around the head. Relax the legs a little from the tank and the airflow tries to little the hat/helmet with slight windnoise.

I went out to Bike Night her in AZ last night and wore my half helmet. Cruising in the highway at 80 the helmet was very still.

I can definitely hear the stereo better at 60 and even at 80mph but the washout of the stereo is killing it for me.

I will def keep the windshield and am happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got my 14" sport flare last week and couldn't be happier with it - performs exactly as posted previously - well worth the investment.
I demoed the 13" wind splitter from HD and even though it was a great improvement over the stock "no shield", the Klock works is a great improvement over the HD - looks way better as well! Dark tint for me as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
met the KW guys at Sema just last week. Very nice and professional. I am going to order one soon for my 15 rg.

thanks for the reviews.

·
Registered
33 Posts
true height

Could someone measure the height of the shields from say the risers (if they are still stock) the pic looks like they have different angles and im not sure how they are measuring them. Im trying to figure out line of sight and whether to get it dark or tint....thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Been following the windshield thread for the 2015 RG. See a few "its in the mail or due on the porch at anytime. Looking for rider experience. don't want to start collecting windshields, like before. No word from Madstad.

Thanks
I have a system sitting on my desk ready for a test fit, I'm just waiting for someone local to bring in a bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I installed the soft lowers on mine sunday and the air between legs is greatly reduced....:)

Mentioned by a member on first page...

·
Registered
27 Posts
KW sport flare installed, and couldnt be happier!! I can hear radio now and wind is significantly less. Much more enjoyable to ride.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also picked up a 14 flare the wind wind noise around my ears is gone and my passenger couldn't be happier we tried the 12 windsplitter and the wind was going right over me and hitting her. but with the flare she said it is much better. the only complaint is at the top of the shield it vibrates pretty bad. but other than that I love it. also I am 6'1 with 32 inseam

·
Registered
16 Posts
My wife got me the 14" sport flare (tinted) for Christmas. I pulledit out of box and noticed that it looked off. The left side comes up about 3" and starts to bend / curve, but the right side comes up 4.25" and starts to bend / curve. Left and right based on you standing in front of bike and looking at windshield. I first thought this was a defect, but now I am wondering if this was by design to allow more room for bent button? Any feedback would've great. KW is closed until Jan 4th and I only have 4 days to gurentee return with there seller.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I made a big mistake and bought a klockwerks after my Windvest got broken at Daytona this year. The guy at their trailer said it would be better than my Windvest in every way. BULLS__T! I've been getting smashed with bugs, can't hear my stereo, ears are ringing when I stop and then I have to listen to my girlfriend bit__ about it too. The darn thing vibrates at idle and is useless at any speed over 50.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Heres my problem. Im 5'6" and so is my wife. On the Hammock seat she sits 5"s taller then me. I also tend to slouch. What size do I get that I can see over and helps buffer some of the wind on my wife. She's getting hammered with the wind at 75 and 80. I love the dark sport flare look and don't want to get a clear. I just don't know what to do.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
One word, Madstad. Check it out, adjust it to where you need it when you need it, listen to your tunes.
Does it come off easy if my wife isn't riding? I like the low profile sport look of the factory one but it does nothing for her.

I just went to the Madstad website. Am I retarded or something? I couldn't find a price on their shields anywhere. It looks like it would be perfect for long rides sense its adjustable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts