Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first off I know this has been covered A LOT. I googled and searched but didn't find what I was looking for. I'm requesting pics so I hope this is the right thread.

I just got a 15 RGS and love this bike. I have narrowed my windshield search down to 3. The Klock Werks Flare, Cee Baileys or Windvest. I'm still on the fence about the looks of the Klock Werks. I like the style of the Cee Baileys and think it flows well with the fairing. I also think the Windvest Looks good.

I'm between 5'8 and 5'9 with a 30 inch inseam. I'm running a RSD Boss 2 up seat. The bike is Black Denim also so I'm looking for suggestions on tint.

I would really appreciate pics of these windshields on your bike and what you think of them.

Thanks very much!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've owned both the WV and the KW. Personally like the looks and performance from the KW. The WV wasn't bad, but I wanted a more streamlined look and darker tint. I'm 5' 10" and have a 32" inseam.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm 5'10" - 30" inseam. Slouch a bit against the drivers back rest.

I have a 12" Freedom, and could have gone to a 13", and still seen over it. I have the light smoke, which you can see thru as if it's not there.

I mention the 13", as I have, and do ride in the rain. 12" not bad, but 13" would have been better for that.

Good Luck with your choice !

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Thanks for the info and pics! I'm still stuck. I have narrowed it down to either a 10-11 inch Windvest, Cee Baileys or Freedom Shield. I appreciate all the help.

I have a 15" CeeBaileys TRSSC that I run on the highway. 5'11", 32" inseam. Works GREAT!

One note, if you order the CeeBailey, ask if they still do the cutting service free. When I bought mine, they recommended that you order it long, then you could try it out, mark it, send it back, and they would cut it once for free to fit you. Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've got an 11" freedom shield in the dark smoke tint on my RGS I can get a picture of tonight if you'd like. I haven't had a chance to ride it with all the flash flood rain storms we keep having but I will say it is a very well made and refined shield.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A friend of mine has a freedom, they are also well made and are the same thickness as a Cees. Both are about twice as thick as a Harley shield and a lot of others also. I chose Cees over freedom because I like the looks of the sport better but either would be a good choice. Guess that's no help !

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm 6' on a good day and have a Freedom 14" light tint. Makes a nice calm rider's pocket. With enough breeze over the top of my helmet for the top vent to work forcing the hot air out. Woks great for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got an 11" freedom shield in the dark smoke tint on my RGS I can get a picture of tonight if you'd like. I haven't had a chance to ride it with all the flash flood rain storms we keep having but I will say it is a very well made and refined shield.

Thanks, a picture would be great whenever you get a chance.

Thanks for all the help and info guys. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Freedom Shield

I know this is not on your list but I love this shield. This one is a 13" Dark Gray tint. I am 5'10 and 32" inseam. I can see over the shield by about 2 inches, if I slouch then it's right where you don't want it but, it works so well I am keeping it.
I can hear the stock stereo now and NO wind noise in my modular helmet. I can even ride with the face shield down and the visor open. With the stock shield the visor would slam shut about 40-45 mph.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
No pics of it on the bike, but I have a 13" Cee Bailey Sport and love it. I'm 5'10 and think you'd be fine with it. I got the darkest tint available and am quite happy with it. Pictures on the Cee Bailey site and shows that the Sport really fits the lines of the new fairing. Freedom was my second choice, but I have zero regrets with the Cee Bailey Sport.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am 5'10" - 5'11" with a 30" inseam. I wanted to keep the stock look of the bike as much as I could without getting all that wind I was from the stock shield. I went to a bagger show and Brian Klock let me "try before you buy". I ended up going with the 9" Klock Werks sport flare in Black. As soon as I got on the interstate I knew this shield was staying on my bike. I could hear the radio clearly, my wife could talk to be without yelling, and it looks sweet too!! All in one package!!! Anyway, I'm sure any aftermarket shield will do better than the stock one, but my 2 cents?....Klock Werks sport flare is definitely the way to go!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.