Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new, unpainted Klock Werks fender. Was very impressed with things I saw especially regarding the "E-coat" process that is supposed to inhibit rust etc.

So when I received my new Klock Werks fender, was really surprised at the poor quality of the finish as it seems they played spin-the-fender with mine.

Not really what I expected from Klock Werks but that leads me to this question.

Since I am going to have it painted, should I be concerned? I am not a paint / body guy so I haven't a clue if this matters.

No dents but some of those scratches are deep enough I can feel them.

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim

Helmet Automotive tire Peripheral Automotive design Tire

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'm not real familiar with the whole process, but I have seen paint prep being a whole skim coat of some form of body filler primer if you will. if you look up how to prep raw fender for paint you'll have an idea of the process

·
Super Moderator
11,452 Posts
@NCPiper Not to rain on Your Parade but have You looked at The Factory Match?
You can find the fender of Your liking painted to match the year of Your Glide and it will arrive safe and sound.
I’ve dealt with them in the past and Brad Smith is a stand up guy who stands behind his work.
Best of Luck and hope this works out in Your favour.
Mike U.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
It may be a hassle but I'm returning the fender. There is no reason you should have to do repair work on a new fender.
May be an illusion but on the first picture there appears to be a crease just below the farthest left scratch.

Reactions: Mike U and NCPiper

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My parade and I am the lead piper! Darn tootin'. LOL

I did. That was my first approach. See my reply to the dude asking about fenders. The one where you recommended Smitty's, errrrrr, Factory Match. :)

@NCPiper Not to rain on Your Parade but have You looked at The Factory Match?
You can find the fender of Your liking painted to match the year of Your Glide and it will arrive safe and sound.
I’ve dealt with them in the past and Brad Smith is a stand up guy who stands behind his work.
Best of Luck and hope this works out in Your favour.
Mike U.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After reading the replies and looking it over some more, I sent it back. Scratches were just too much and there was that crease. UPS is already in possession.

It may be a hassle but I'm returning the fender. There is no reason you should have to do repair work on a new fender.
May be an illusion but on the first picture there appears to be a crease just below the farthest left scratch.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts