Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the stock fender mounting bolts work with a KW fender and KW blocks or do I need longer bolts? I've got a KW level fender sitting on my work bench waiting to go to the painter with tank and fairing but the weather has been so nice i've been putting off diassembly for paint in lieu riding. Thanks in advance

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
Longer bolts......

OEM fenders have the mount riveted on them that moves the mounting point out to the leg directly, bolt goes through fender into fork leg.

Most (not all) after market fenders are flat on the sides and use a spacer between the fender and fork leg.....IE longer bolts cuz the bolts through fender, through spacer and into fork leg

Typically, if your running a 3/4" spacer (for example) your going to need a 3/4" longer bolt, etc TYPICALLY but not always as there can be a few variables like fender thickness or swapping to a different fork leg with deeper/shallower fender mounting holes. But you get the idea

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
With a 1.25" fender spacer you need a 2" bolt, with a 1" fender spacer you need a 1.75" long bolt. So 5/16x18x1.75 or 5/16x18x2

Drew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts