Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big brown truck showed up today with a package for my new rig today. Got em on the cheap from eBay, figured I need to at least hear the bike until I decide on what I want to do for a head pipe. I gotta say I'm pretty impressed. Chrome was flawless and the install literally took minutes. I had to mess around on the right side a bit to clear the axle bolt as these cans are not dimpled. Even with the cat in the head pipe they have a nice rumble at idle. Under acceleration they have an almost muscle car tone. Once at speed they just hum along as to not interfere with the audio or even conversation with a passenger.

If you're in the market for moderately priced mufflers that deliver a high quality product, you may want to check these out.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I had them back in 2011 when I got my fltrx, they sound even better with the cat gone, my only gripe was they only come in 2 inch baffles, nice chrome I masked mine off and sprayed the insides with black high heat paint to give them a more finshed look.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well today I pulled the baffle out of the left side removed the fiberglass wrap and reinstalled. Pretty damn close to equal sound being emitted from each muffler now.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Do you think its louder or deeper or both? never got to that point a buddy sold me Rinehart 4 inch mufflers for a deal and I sold the klockwerks , just curious? I had the straight cut .

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely deeper and louder under load. Put a hundred or so miles on today and that really seemed to loosen em up as well.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
I put the SS forward slash on about a year ago. These are angled with the saddlebags. Looks good the extended bags

·
Registered
66 Posts
Big brown truck showed up today with a package for my new rig today. Got em on the cheap from eBay, figured I need to at least hear the bike until I decide on what I want to do for a head pipe. I gotta say I'm pretty impressed. Chrome was flawless and the install literally took minutes. I had to mess around on the right side a bit to clear the axle bolt as these cans are not dimpled. Even with the cat in the head pipe they have a nice rumble at idle. Under acceleration they have an almost muscle car tone. Once at speed they just hum along as to not interfere with the audio or even conversation with a passenger.

If you're in the market for moderately priced mufflers that deliver a high quality product, you may want to check these out.
What exactly did you have to do to get them to clear the axle bolt? I'm looking at getting these for my 2015 Road Glide Special. I was thinking of going with a new windshield first but after 850 miles with the stock exhaust I changed my mind and I'm doing pipes first.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Eod

Not trying to highjack the thread, but "Hey" USMCEOD! Welcome to the Forum!:grin:

·
Registered
232 Posts
My first MOD was the pipes. These pipes sound good at crusing speed. I have a hard time chatting at 3k rpm with my Bassani DNT's. But they are loud and proud for which I got them. No TQ loss like CFR.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What exactly did you have to do to get them to clear the axle bolt? I'm looking at getting these for my 2015 Road Glide Special. I was thinking of going with a new windshield first but after 850 miles with the stock exhaust I changed my mind and I'm doing pipes first.
You may have to twist the left side muffler counterclockwise before tightening everything up. That said, on the special with the 12" shocks clearance should not be an issue at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.