Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advise on a new windshield. I am 5-10 tall should i get the 8" or 12" Klock werks flair? Its going on a 2013 RG custom.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Need some advise on a new windshield. I am 5-10 tall should i get the 8" or 12" Klock werks flair? Its going on a 2013 RG custom.
If I was 5'-10" tall I would go with the 12" Sport Flair and be done.
You will not only like the way it looks but you will dig the way it works.
You will also be able to hear your music much better.
I have the 14" Sports Flair and for me it's spot on.
I know when you hear 14" your thinking that it will be to tall but have a look at my picture down below.
The angle of the shield keeps it low.
Swomack

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the 14" sport flare on mine (15 RGS) and I am 5'11. It hits me perfectly. I rode my dads 12 RG with a 12" flare and it work just as well. You can kinda see both our shields in the attached pic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll go with the 12" thats the one I was leaning toward anyway. I just put 10" Chubby Outlaws mini apes on it so the 12" should work well with those. By the way both your bikes are awesome! Thanks again.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am 5' 11'' and went with the 12 inch windshield. It is high enough to send most of the wind over my head and allow me to hear the radio at highway speeds.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm 5'-10", and went with the 9" Sport Flare ('15 RG Special). I had the opportunity to test both, but just couldn't get over how good the 9" looked. In retrospect, I *should* have gone with the 14". The 14" definitely improved the sound of the stereo. And offered MUCH better wind protection. Either is better than the stock RG Special windscreen. I did a fairly thorough review a few months ago:

http://www.roadglide.org/27-aftermarket-accessories/260154-2015-rushmore-klockwerks-sport-windscreen-2.html#post3162402

BTW: I've got a 14" on the way. Now that riding season is in full swing here, I find myself riding to work at 5am on occasion. The wind chill sneaking past the 9" is making my eyes water, unless I'm wearing gasketed glasses. It's still in the mid-30's at night here. By the time the 14" gets here, it'll probably be warm enough in the morning for it not to bother me.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Just to confuse you a little, I had the KW 12" on when I had an 11 RG. Loved the look but hated the performance. It somehow pushed the wind right into my ears. I ended up with a Cee Baileys TRSSC Dome, I think 14" or 15". It looks about the same as the KW 12" just a little taller and that made all the difference. Its thicker also. Still running it on my 13. I see KW makes a 14" now for the 13 and older bikes. I have thought about giving that a try till I looked at the price. I'm 5'9" by the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts