Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the 14" sport flare and 12" pro touring which one do you guys like better any reviews?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I can't speak to the 12" pro touring but, I can tell you that I have had the 14" sport Flare for a couple years now and love it. At 6'1" I get almost no wind buffeting and can hear my music load and clear. Personally, I think it looks better than the pro touring shield.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
on my 2016 RGS I tried the 14" Sport flare and although I had no buffeting I had a lot of wind noise in my ears. I traded it for the Pro Touring Flare and it solved the problem. IMO the Sport flare looks better than the Pro Touring Flare but it's not as functional.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just put the 14" Sport Flare on, haven't had much of a chance to ride highway yet, but that should change this weekend. I will say I can hear the tunes much better with the new shield.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Pro tour 12 inch

Between the 14" sport flare and 12" pro touring which one do you guys like better any reviews?
I have a 14 inch sport flare now and just ordered and 12 inch pro tour today. I will give a review comparing them both when I get it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I run the 14" Sport Flair on my '17 RGS if I'm going more than 100 miles. I run the 9" Sport Flair most of the time around town. We all have different likes and expectations of a windscreen. A little wind doesn't bother me. I also ride a pretty hot Fat Boy with no shield. The 14" puts the wind over my head. I still get a nice gentler breeze on either side of me at freeway speeds. I never tried the more upright Pro Touring, but I imagine it would provide even less wind from the sides. It just doesn't look as cool. I like the 14" because it gives me all the protection I need and still looks great.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I really like the look of the 14" sport flare, but at 6'3" I wonder if it would cause buffeting on my helmet. I am currently running a 13" windvest and I still get a little bit of buffeting at higher speeds.

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
I loved the 14" sports flair until I put apes on my bike.

I had 13" apes and they hit turning hard left and hard right.

Then I installed 16" apes so I'm going to get the same thing.

A 9" Sports flair I'm sure would be fine with apes but not the 14"

The Klock Werks Sports Flair looks amazing and is made very well.

Good luck

Swomack

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have had them both now. The only difference is the 12 inch pro tour takes more air off your shoulder and a little less wind noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have had them both now. The only difference is the 12 inch pro tour takes more air off your shoulder and a little less wind noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to see your review. I have the 14 Sport flare, but I got a crack in it when I hit a buzzard. I think I will try the 12 pro tour. May be better for my long trips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts