Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm considering a set of Klock Werx Vent Screens to filter the '15 RGS's bug chutes. I'm just waiting to get stung by an angry bee cruising through the side vents. :eek: Is any one using them, are they worth it, any added wind noise or whistling? Let me know your thoughts and the pros/cons to this product!

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Hell no don't spend the money on them. A guy on here is selling ones for around $30 shipped. I made my own for mine and 3 other sets that I've given out. I have a template you can trace to make your own if you're local. That $75 for a couple pieces of perforated aluminum is just nuts.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hell no don't spend the money on them. A guy on here is selling ones for around $30 shipped. I made my own for mine and 3 other sets that I've given out. I have a template you can trace to make your own if you're local. That $75 for a couple pieces of perforated aluminum is just nuts.
I haven't seen close-up of them but they didn't look like they would be tough to duplicate, and I was actually leaning toward making my own too. Template would be great, thanks! I'm in Canton also and it will probably be a rain day project after I get the new pipes and rear tire on the Road King. I could PM you when I have the materials.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I haven't seen close-up of them but they didn't look like they would be tough to duplicate, and I was actually leaning toward making my own too. Template would be great, thanks! I'm in Canton also and it will probably be a rain day project after I get the new pipes and rear tire on the Road King. I could PM you when I have the materials.
If you're going to the Flight 93 run this Sat, we can take care of it there. If not, I can try to catch up locally some night. This week after work is out though. The wife has training out of town and I have doggie duty plus I've got training up in the Cleveland area so getting home before 7pm will be a challenge.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're going to the Flight 93 run this Sat, we can take care of it there. If not, I can try to catch up locally some night. This week after work is out though. The wife has training out of town and I have doggie duty plus I've got training up in the Cleveland area so getting home before 7pm will be a challenge.
Unfortunately, I can't make the 93 memorial trip I have another commitment. I was there 3 years ago and it was still under construction, and 30 is a great ride through the mountains. I'm not worried about it this week, current project is switching my Road King over to true duals. Rear header cracked and that was all the excuse I needed! Hopefully we can connect next week sometime.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought a pair of the ones Major99 made. They work great no additional wind noise or whistling. Nice tight fit and they do a pretty good job of blocking most bugs. With real big juicy bugs some bits will get by, but that's not to bad.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Vent screens

I am searching for some vent screen that matches the Air cleaner screen. Anybody have any ideas on locating such a beast.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought a pair of the ones Major99 made. They work great no additional wind noise or whistling. Nice tight fit and they do a pretty good job of blocking most bugs. With real big juicy bugs some bits will get by, but that's not to bad.
Thanks for the info. I can handle a splat or two!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am searching for some vent screen that matches the Air cleaner screen. Anybody have any ideas on locating such a beast.
I searched stainless mesh and a bunch of products came up that look similar. Maybe a local metal supplier or weld shop could point you in the right direction if you don't want to order online.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Is the guy still around?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
anyone have a picture of the ones being made by a forum member? How are they held in place? would love some more info

·
Registered
253 Posts
anyone have a picture of the ones being made by a forum member? How are they held in place? would love some more info
If anyone is still interested, yes I do have some and am selling on ebay as well. just do a search for the 15 vent screen post on here and you should be able to see some pics. if not PM me your cell and Ill text some pics to you. $25 for the diamond pattern (steel) and $35 for the aluminum honeycomb set. those prices include shipping to the US. Canada and overseas is possible but there is a small shipping premium.

I would prefer to sell through here so I don't pay the ebay fees. im fine with the paypal fee but both kinda sucks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I spent the money on the KW ones. Call me crazy if you want. I think they're worth having though. They look good and they'll keep a lot of larger unwanted things from drilling you.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1442318300.830633.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1442318320.312234.jpg

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Just another advantage of attending Shark Week, some cool guy just handed me a set there.
Thanks Mike!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
They look pretty good. I wonder if they would look better black?

Thanks. I thought about rattle canning them. Decided not to. I don't want to start blacking my bike out. And if I start with something small, then everything else will follow!

Edit: they'd also look better if this forum would let me upload in higher quality.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts