Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m 5’7” and am trying to get my grips closer to me. Right now, I’m running the stock bars on my ‘17 RGU. I have not removed the pin, but I have loosened the clamp and rolled them toward me as far as it would allow. I don’t like my arms straight, and I don’t like my hands much above my elbows. What I have now is very close to what I want, but I’d prefer the grips to be about 2 inches closer to me. For looks and function, I’m eyeballing the KW +2 sweepers, and I’m hoping some of you are doing the same and could reply with photos?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’m 5’7” and am trying to get my grips closer to me. Right now, I’m running the stock bars on my ‘17 RGU. I have not removed the pin, but I have loosened the clamp and rolled them toward me as far as it would allow. I don’t like my arms straight, and I don’t like my hands much above my elbows. What I have now is very close to what I want, but I’d prefer the grips to be about 2 inches closer to me. For looks and function, I’m eyeballing the KW +2 sweepers, and I’m hoping some of you are doing the same and could reply with photos?

To get a proper fit going to need someone to measure as you’re properly sitting on your Harley so you know where your hands will fall on the handlebars correct then you’re going to have to measure from the middle of the bars where they connect and measure out to your hands. You might want to measure the width that you are trying to achieve also. From those measurements any handlebars you research should have their dimensions and you should be able to pick from there. That’s how I’ve always done it anyway. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
The attached thumbnail shows a good side view of my bike with the KhromeWerks 2+2 Sweepers.

1" 2+2 Wide Sweeper Handlebar with ETC for 1982-2017 Harley-Davidson® models

I am 5'8" and these work much better for me than the Stock Bars and the Heritage Style Bars for comfort. Your seat preference will also make a difference on how the bars fit you on your bike. If it is possible, I would suggest sitting on a bike like yours (even using your seat if you can) with the bars you are thinking about buying before making your decision. Everyone has a sweet spot, you just gotta find yours. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
You'll need new risers for them. Split risers. The hole for the wiring on them comes out the bottom. Your bike the wiring comes out the front and the bottom riser is solid. Also the bar diameter is smaller. Unless the made one for 15 and newer that I haven't seen. But I have a set here new in the box. And a set of riser adapters to step down to the +2 bar diameter. The site will tell you they fit your bike. They do. With a couple hundred dollars of new parts.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RFG - thanks for the reply. I enjoyed watching your new bike shop be constructed, and then lately your rants about being bored. Cracks me up. Are you saying you have all the KW stuff and you are wanting to sell it or are you waiting to install it? And I was wondering if the bar is a +2 Sweeper or a 2+2 Sweeper. The guy at KW recommended a +2, but I haven’t yet sat on the bike and done the measurements as recommended in a previous response.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
RFG - thanks for the reply. I enjoyed watching your new bike shop be constructed, and then lately your rants about being bored. Cracks me up. Are you saying you have all the KW stuff and you are wanting to sell it or are you waiting to install it? And I was wondering if the bar is a +2 Sweeper or a 2+2 Sweeper. The guy at KW recommended a +2, but I haven’t yet sat on the bike and done the measurements as recommended in a previous response.
I have the bars and the 1" to 1.25" clamp adapter. Issue is your risers will not work. Your stock bars have the hole for the internal wiring in the front. The KW bars it's on the bottom. I had planned on just using the adapter and calling it good. But the solid bottom riser kills that. You'll need 2 piece risers the are for 1" bars. I'm stuck with the bars because the site lists they fit and technically it's my fault for ordering them. So I was responsible for shipping back. At the sum of 80.00. The bars were only 89.00. So I kept them.

Box size kills the idea of me selling them online. I tried USPS, UPS and FedEx. All 80+ to ship them back.

My suggestion. Find a 1.25" bar designed for your bike so the wiring and pins that are in the clamps all line up.

And thanks for following my ramblings and stupidity. Lol. I hate not riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts