4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,380 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just installed the sport flare, great quality & great sale back on Black Friday through Iron Aces. Your right though, I am now on the hunt for some aluminum grate. $75 is steep!

H

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
There's a guy on Facebook doing the screens for $30 shipped.

·
Registered
941 Posts
A MERE $74.95 a set:rolleyes: Looks like it's off to a big box hardware store for me after seeing what these are made of.
:mad:
Lots of honeycomb options. Whoever springs for a set is encouraged to trace an outline of the screen, scan it and post full sized; so others with 2015 can minimize their financial pain.

I am staying with my '08

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Nice Video on the install!...
Looks like Santa Claus used sum color on that Beard,...lol
$80.00 for these , when it prolly only cost $8.00 to make.
C-QQ-L add on dough.
Fairing is a wiz-bang to dis-assemble! nice,...
bell boy, if u've not ran one of there w/s's, need to get it tall enuff or that curve will blow the wind rite in ur ears! nice sheild tho, cause ya can feel the downforce applied to the front end of the bike, but just saying.I personally like a Windvest. they act 2 or 3 inches taller than what ya actually buy for a purchase size. I run a 12" windvest and it shoots the wind rite over my head. any passenger ive had on the back agreed.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Nice Video on the install!...
Looks like Santa Claus used sum color on that Beard,...lol
$80.00 for these , when it prolly only cost $8.00 to make.
C-QQ-L add on dough.
Fairing is a wiz-bang to dis-assemble! nice,...
bell boy, if u've not ran one of there w/s's, need to get it tall enuff or that curve will blow the wind rite in ur ears! nice sheild tho, cause ya can feel the downforce applied to the front end of the bike, but just saying.I personally like a Windvest. they act 2 or 3 inches taller than what ya actually buy for a purchase size. I run a 12" windvest and it shoots the wind rite over my head. any passenger ive had on the back agreed.
Had a 13" on my '11 that beat the hell out of me and the mrs. Looked good but sold that real quick. The 14" on the new gen comes to the same height as my stock shield. I'm just worried about the side air hitting me in the ears like the old one did.

And yeah, the video is cool for removal and installation.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Had a 13" on my '11 that beat the hell out of me and the mrs. Looked good but sold that real quick. The 14" on the new gen comes to the same height as my stock shield. I'm just worried about the side air hitting me in the ears like the old one did.

And yeah, the video is cool for removal and installation.
if u went w/a 14" Windvest, u'd be 'Amazed'!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
LMAO!!!! $75?!?!? I made a lower grill for one of my cars several years ago similar to this for about $10 in material. And it was way bigger than this.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yeah, I'd be very surprised they are selling many screens for $75 a pop.
Just keep waiting and before long you will find them discounted. For what its worth, I saw the screens for the batwing fairing selling online for $25.00, Iam sure the Shark screens will soon follow

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yeah, I'd be very surprised they are selling many screens for $75 a pop.
Just keep waiting and before long you will find them discounted. For what its worth, I saw the screens for the batwing fairing selling online for $25.00, Iam sure the Shark screens will soon follow
I say someone make a full size PDF template and sell them for a few bucks. I'd prolly buy that just to avoid the trial and error of doing it myself.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Pm me. I have the screens for $25 shipped. See the thread vent screens for 2015 Rg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts