Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the RGS world & bought a 16' RGS with 14" Factory 47 bars.

I have had 5 different SGS's & gave no thought to the size of the windshield & bought a Klockwerks 14" sport & quickly realized the bars hit it.

Anyone else running 14" Factory 47's? What's the largest windshield I can use without the bars making contact?

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a 18 RGS With a Klockwerx 14 in. Sport Tour Windshield,I have 14in. Yaffe Monkey Bars No problem with hitting windshield.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response! I put my 14" windshield on last night & when I turned the bars either way it hit.....Maybe something to do with the pull back of the Yaffe's, I think they are narrower.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yes common on the klockwerks 14" to hit certain bars. Mine are twin peaks 13" and mine were hitting. I went to the 12" touring flair from klockwerks and am very happy with the setup. I had to adjust my LH controls slightly to keep the mirror nut from hitting the windshield in full lock. But very very slight. If looking for protection could look at other brands as the 14 or 12 for klockwerks are the options and to still be able to see over.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts