Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellas alot of Daymaker talk so, I know CD has one for 800 no thanks, I'm sure it's great, but this thread is soley for knock off or for a better word inexpensive units under 180 clams, what cha got and what do you think of em, also where did ya get em? cool, Thanks!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
There are options for those with '13 and older. Those of us with '15 and newer are s.o.l. for now other than CD. But now that those are out there, only a matter of time before the cheap Chinese ones start showing up.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even though the China ones are let's say inexpensive, I see alot of different ones for 13 and older, about 4 or 5 different designs, saw the brand called eagle eyes looked pretty nice, and not really alot of complaints on qaulity, so I going to check out that other thread, thanks fellas.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have a few friends that are running after market Daymakers. Not on road glides but still after market Daymakers. They are bright and have had zero problems so far, Got them off of ebay...If mine ever go out, I will be getting the after market brand.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's good to hear, I will definitely keep that in mind, right now I am expermemting with my led bulbs to see the improvement and then go from there.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
That's good to hear, I will definitely keep that in mind, right now I am expermemting with my led bulbs to see the improvement and then go from there.
The LED bulbs make a huge difference over stock. I have the fuelmoto, but hooked mine up a little different, I made my own doeble row LED halo that I have hooked up as low beam and are very visible during day then when night hits then I hit the high beam and on comes the LED bulbs & they lights up everything. In my sig pic, it's only halo lights on

·
Registered
3,882 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
A pair of 80/100 watt H-4s is $20. A pair of relays is about $10. Add $5 worth of wire and a pair of ceramic plugs and the whole deal is under $50.

No lenses to smoke over or leak water, and when a bulb goes out, it's $10. Not another $800.

The same amount of light, if not more, just not quite as white.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
There are options for those with '13 and older. Those of us with '15 and newer are s.o.l. for now other than CD. But now that those are out there, only a matter of time before the cheap Chinese ones start showing up.
Do the Rushmore RG'S even need upgraded ? They look pretty bright oem.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do you mean? I don't understand you? I have yet to see any halogen bulbs produce the light output if any LED bulb or a HID set up, sorry no disrespect.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Once you get em adjusted properly (they are usually sent out of wack) they aren't too bad, but like everything else, you always want better :laugh:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I agree, my stock H4s looked like crap next to my custom Dynamics signals that are led, now all looks even and bright crisp clear white, when it's a little warmer here I will take a spin around the block to to see how much better the LEDs are, just sitting in the garage it was amazing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just did mine over the weekend. It was a halo LED version that I found on amazon for $170, I'm not sure of the brand, but it was from a store/seller called XPCTD. It was made well, went in in quickly and with no issues, and it came with a gloss black headlight bezel (I may look into having the factory one painted). The difference between the factory light and this is HUGE.

·
Registered
67 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/Daymaker-Headlight-Davidson-FLTRXSE2-FLTRXSE/dp/B078NQD4T7

That the link and the picture I took off their page. I’ll have to try to take a picture during the day. I tried now and it was just a big blur of white light. The halo stays on all the time and I figured the low beams would drop out when the high beams come on, but they’re all lit.

As a side note, what part of Long Island Road dawg? I’m from Huntington (northport)

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Do the Rushmore RG'S even need upgraded ? They look pretty bright oem.
I have the CD Trubeam and it blows the stock light away. It has a very wide spread lighting up the side of the road. The highbeams light up the night. Here's a video I made but remember video cams don't do well at night. It's much brighter in person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cywdvT9qjHw&t=22s

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey paddywagon I am in Levittown not that far from you, season is about to kick off give me a yell if ya want to hook up for some rides, I do alot in Conn, and upstate NY on the weekends. Thanks for the pics and link.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts