Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got off the phone with Koyote Ranch. Reservations for "Shark Week 2 1/2" is holding firm at 7. I think we had more responses in this forum that indicated a higher total.

For those who may have made reservations but did not mentioned "Shark Week 2 1/2" when they were made, please call them back and do so. We all will receive a 10% discount at check in if we hit 10 reservations (and 20% if we hit 20 res's).

By the way, except for camping sites they are completely booked up. If you're a camping type and haven't decided whether or not you'll make it, now's the time to do so.

In review, here's the original thread.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=24349&highlight=Texas+Meet+Greet+April+2013+Update

Looking forward to seeing and meeting all you mofos in Medina!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since the Kabins were full, I did the trailer thing and got the last site. Not sure if that helps with the discount?
Did you tell them you were with Shark Week 2 1/2? If not or you're not sure, be sure to call them and get you on the group list so we all can enjoy the discount.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Koyote Ranch is great! Super nice staff and the ride in on Hwy 16 is awesome. I'm trying to make it, but probably won't know until the week of the event. I may drag out a few non-shark bike riders with me.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Koyote Ranch is great! Super nice staff and the ride in on Hwy 16 is awesome. I'm trying to make it, but probably won't know until the week of the event. I may drag out a few non-shark bike riders with me.
Hope you can make it Shrug.

And for what it's worth, the ride in is awesome no matter WHAT road you take to get there.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy,

I called and had them add me to the Shark Week group. They had failed to do it the first time I registered. So you can add one more to the total.

Bill
Well, with you and Pancho (who reserved a campsite yesterday) we're at 9 for sure. We may miss out on a discount by one rider. WTF, it's only money!

Gettin' close, y'all.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Wished I could make it, but that weekend is my oldest's birthday. I know he wouldn't mine me going, but I would feel bad for not being here for his BDay. Plus I'm planning a ride to Redriver NM Memorial day Weekend.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
i have been trying all morning by phone to contact Koyote Ranch to confirm my reservation for SW 2.5. These people don't answer their phone or have voice mail does anyone have a good phone number for them that they might answer.

the number i have been calling is 800-225-0991

thx

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
i have been trying all morning by phone to contact Koyote Ranch to confirm my reservation for SW 2.5. These people don't answer their phone or have voice mail does anyone have a good phone number for them that they might answer.

the number i have been calling is 800-225-0991

thx
Jimmy try this number - 830-589-HOWL

or email them - [email protected] or [email protected]

·
Registered
109 Posts
shark week 2.5

Okay In July I bought my first Shark. It's a little bizarre, but that now that I have it, I don't ever want to ride anything else. My brother was right...lol, anyway I see the posts for shark week. Could someone elaborate a little bit for newbies like myself?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've not yet been to a Shark Week (SW). In a way this Medina deal is a test run to see how we do and maybe one year host a SW.

Shark Week is also known as the National Road Glide Rally. As I understand it, the current format is to have one in the Eastern US one year, Central the next and West the 3rd. This way no matter where folks live, at least every 3rd year it'll be in their "neck of the woods". SW's are held during the summer to maximize turnout.

The first SW was in Gettysburg, Pa in 2011. I wish I'd have known about it because I'd have gone. '11 was the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the Civil War, and I in fact rode to Gettysburg in June that year to see the battlefield. At that time I didn't know this forum existed, much less a SW.

SWII was in LeClaire, Iowa last summer.

SWIII is in St. George, Utah this July.

Shortly after SWIII, the 2014/ SWIV destination will be announced. Proposals are made during the current year's SW events and the following year's destination is decided upon consideration of the Forum's moderators/ admins.

I've never seen a firm headcount- or better yet a "nose count" of how many riders and bikes made it to a SW. But I'd imagine it'd be close to a hundred, and damn cool to ride with a large group of Road Glides.

Our event next month was dubbed SW 2 1/2 for reservations purposes at our ground zero, but it's really a Meet and Greet for riders in the area or anyone who wants to come. I probably shouldn't have used the words "Shark Week" when I set this up. It's NOT a Shark Week.

Looks like we may have a dozen or so. It's my hope that the Hill Country be the home of a SW one of these years. You know how we Texans are. : )

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
4 Weeks. I'm sure some are planning to attend the Thunder in the Hill Country, but just curious who? I will be attending.
Paul, there may be folks coming to Medina that want to spend time in Bandera. I'm thinking that Friday we'll cruise that area, it's always cool to go to the 11th St. Saloon. Of course to get into the rally you have to hold a pass. I'm not planning to go in to the rally proper but anyone that wants to sure ought to do it.

Any riders planning on staying at the TITH grounds that wants to come on our 3 Sisters run on Saturday are more than welcome to join in. I'm thinking we should plan on leaving the Koyote Mercantile about 9 am. I've got a nice little 220 miler planned. Saturday night we'll throw down some beef steaks. If anyone wants to go back to Bandera that night, that's cool.

I should be at Koyote by 5 pm on Thursday the 4th. Once my tent site is set up I'll likely end up at the Mercantile for some chow and hopefully meet up with some of y'all. I'll see about getting a sign up sheet at their check in desk and we can get a phone list started.

This'll be a lot of fun!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Jay2beers and I are staying at hill country resort about 6 miles down the road. Koyote didn't have any cabins left. If anyone needs their numbers they are. 830 589-7475, 830 522-5525.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts