Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! I finally got my bars installed. They seem more like plus fours! My arms are shoulder high now. My seating postion seems much better now. I'm 6' and these Krome works +2 are the best.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I also have the +2 and will be changing my seat soon with added backrest.Just cant make up my mind what i want. But im still getting that pinched,tight feeling between the shoulders. Im sure a new seat with a backrest will work..

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
were you able to use the existing cables and wiring? I like Yaffe Monkey Bars, but not the labor to change out. BTW, I am really digging the red and the bars.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Is Custom Chrome the only place that sells them?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thanks for the part number!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Khrome Werks Sweeper +2 too tall?

MyFLTRX - nice pics!
Raven 006 - how tall are you, and what seat do you have? That would help me estimate the reach and so on. When you turn your bars to full left or right, do your rear-view mirrors hit that windshield?

I queried KW re: the Sweeper +2 dimensions compared to stock, and they responded:
"This bar will bring the hand position almost 2" closer to the rider when seated over the stock bar. It also places the hands in a more comfortable posture to relieve elbow and shoulder strain. When mounted as designed the hands will be approximately 3/4" to 1" higher than stock. Our goal was not to increase the (height of the) hands over a good comfort zone but to improve the reach and posture of the rider."

Both MyFLTRX and Raven006 pictures sure look like the grips are a lot more than 1" higher than stock. Can the bars be rotated rearward a little? As they are in the pics, I don't think the rearview mirrors would clear my Clearview WS during low speed turns.

Thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can rotate them down some. I just prefer a them up. I have risers on my atv and snowmobile. For me i just like it a little high.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey Black09inOK, I have my bars to where they touch my windshield at full lock.Im 6'0" with 2009 stock seat, i like my arms just about straight out. It just seems more comfy for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts