Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched a video of KST new line on bars Vanguard. It’s a 3 piece set up which allows grip angle adjustments. They just rolled these bars out at Daytona. Check it out, bars come with a mesh sleeve that make pulling the wires through the effortlessly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My big question is, is HOW do you make sure you have the right angle on both sides? Since they are individually adjustable??

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I would guess they don't have to be the same. But it shouldn't be too hard to make a couple measurements to get them the same.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll be buying a set on Monday as soon as they're available.

Bought my last bars from KST and they were a pleasure to deal with.

I wanted 1.5" bars for the RG but KST didn't make them at the time so I bought another set from a well known and highly recommended vendor.
This was way back in January. I've still not received the bars and the vendor appears to have vanished off the face of the earth!

Once I've had my money back from PayPal I'll name them.

I'll post pics of the KSTs as soon as I get them.
I'm in the UK so it'll be a couple of weeks I guess.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Those are actually pretty nice. Way better ideal then the crappy looking Klip Hanger bars Klock Werks has. The only thing I did really see in the video is how the wires run through the bottom/clamp part of the bars.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'll be buying a set on Monday as soon as they're available.

Bought my last bars from KST and they were a pleasure to deal with.

I wanted 1.5" bars for the RG but KST didn't make them at the time so I bought another set from a well known and highly recommended vendor.
This was way back in January. I've still not received the bars and the vendor appears to have vanished off the face of the earth!

Once I've had my money back from PayPal I'll name them.

I'll post pics of the KSTs as soon as I get them.
I'm in the UK so it'll be a couple of weeks I guess.
I bet I can guess....:grin:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Awesome bars! If I wasn’t already happy with the Vindikta’s I’m running I would definitely give these a go. Nevertheless, I’ll be very interested in the reviews you guys post after getting them installed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Those are actually pretty nice. Way better ideal then the crappy looking Klip Hanger bars Klock Werks has. The only thing I did really see in the video is how the wires run through the bottom/clamp part of the bars.
They don't go through the bottom clamp as far as I can tell. I think that makes them much easier to wire internally.
They just come straight out of the bottom of the handlebars themselves.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This might be just what I need. Have KST 14" Straight Jackets, but the wrist angle is just a little too straight (6" pullback). If I could just twist them back a couple degrees, they'd be perfect. Looks like I could get that with these. Might also go 16" ( Now I'll go look at prices, lol. )

·
Registered
17 Posts
This might be just what I need. Have KST 14" Straight Jackets, but the wrist angle is just a little too straight (6" pullback). If I could just twist them back a couple degrees, they'd be perfect. Looks like I could get that with these. Might also go 16" ( Now I'll go look at prices, lol. )

They only go up to 14s in these bars....

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm ordering a set on Monday the 18th as that's the first day you can order them. I'm going with the Spearhead version to get that slight curve in the bars.
Will look forward to some measurements and how the wiring exits the bars at the bottom. I'm not seeing much detail online, hopefully more when its orderable.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
These bars are sweet, everyone likes different wrist angles and these are much cleaner looking then the competition out there. Definitely something I’d be interested in, I feel the factory 47’s have a little too much pullback for me. 👍🏼

·
Registered
927 Posts
I ordered a set of the klip hanger a feb 5 and they are still on back order for at least another two or three weeks. My biggest question with the kst bars is the hand position appears to be flat like tbars. I’ll be calling on Monday to clarify. I need a downward angle more like buckhorn style which the klip hanger can be configured either way, but they are not as stylish.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
I ordered a set of the klip hanger a feb 5 and they are still on back order for at least another two or three weeks. My biggest question with the kst bars is the hand position appears to be flat like tbars. I’ll be calling on Monday to clarify. I need a downward angle more like buckhorn style which the klip hanger can be configured either way, but they are not as stylish.
Are you talking about the angle here where I put the red line?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 148 Posts