Road Glide banner

101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Love the 12s. Haven't had any time to re-route the cables. One thing, my wrist angles didn't twist all loose like vid. Then OCD kicks in trying to get angles to match. No codes or lights!
I remember reading this before I started on mine yesterday. I put mine together and laid them on the table for a nice flat surface. I then measured from the table to the lowest spot of the end of the bar on both sides and adjusted accordingly until they matched. Now I just hope like hell I have the angle right when I put them back on the bike.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Rubber strip came out of mine too. I agree with Tim about the knurled part. Shouldn't be rocket science. I'll check that strip on mine before reinstalling and toss a round of painter's tape around it to hold it in place before installing them.
Even if that tape might be in the way of the knurls, they should grab right through it.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Rubber strip came out of mine too. I agree with Tim about the knurled part. Shouldn't be rocket science. I'll check that strip on mine before reinstalling and toss a round of painter's tape around it to hold it in place before installing them.
Even if that tape might be in the way of the knurls, they should grab right through it.
Worked like a charm. Not even close to the clamp knurls.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Just a couple of thoughts on KST and their bars. I too have had stellar customer from Ret and the guys at KST. I bought a set of 12 inch renegades and while installing them, I had wrapped the bars in duct tape to protect the finish while running the wires. The double "meat hooks" on the renegades made internal wiring a bear, but it is doable. After running the wires and verifying the connections, I started taking the tape off and noticed that the finish on the right had side, down by the triple tree clamp, was marred. Since the bars are supposed to be powder coated, I didn't expect the finish to be so sensitive to duct tape! I called Ret and he said, "no problem, send the bars back, with the controls installed, and we'll replace the bars and rerun the wires! Now that is customer service!

As for the rubber insert vs knurled bar. perhaps the insert is intended to provide some vibration isolation and yes, that is an improvement in design. If the insert is falling out in transit, perhaps they should consider gluing it in place.

Overall the bars work well but the design blocks vision to my ancillary gauges, you know, oil pressure, amperage, air temp and fuel. I should have gone with the wider base "Mayhem" bars to prevent this, but the Renegades are so damn comfortable I just move fwd a bit to scan the gauges periodically while riding.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Ohiobellboy, how do you like them ? Easy to push the wires through, even with the heated grips ?
The extra wires for the heated grips did make things quite interesting for sure. A whole lot tighter than what the videos show. Patience is a must with any bars that have that peak. So far so good. I didn't get much of chance to put many miles on them yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How the hell do you get the trip odometer button off in order to separate the left switch housing???

I'm working on installing my 12" Spearheads but stuck at this point.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah, they show pulling the ignition switch out. No reason to to that. Both screws out of the cluster and it gives plenty of wiggle room to pull that little cover off and put it back on.

Agreed, I only posted to show Sarge1400 the trip button removal. Dont endorse the whole video, but the tail end will also show how to put the button back on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 148 Posts