Road Glide banner

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
In reference to the rubber strip coming loose, and using tape to hold things together, I found "THIS" in a youtube video about installing an older KST handle bar set....

Paul Yaffe's Bagger Nation - Super Riser Clamp for 1" or 1.25" Handlebar Center Sections

Any thoughts? Would it work with this set up? Would it be worth it? Belt and Suspenders type of back up?

Thanks
Might be okay but after putting some miles on mine, the bars haven't budged. Could be Overkill. That tape worked good holding that strip in place and it's pretty damn cheap.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Might be okay but after putting some miles on mine, the bars haven't budged. Could be Overkill. That tape worked good holding that strip in place and it's pretty damn cheap.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Mine too. I think the problem I was having was the bar was moving while I was trying to clamp it in place. With the clamp still loose, I think the rubber strip got flipped out of place. Gotta be real careful with that rubber strip.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Saw a set of these in the parking lot of a local dealer on my way out. Meat hooks, 12 or 14 inch, black. I had to back up and have another look, sharp. If I need a 4th set of bars these are the ones.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
Rumor is that the RGS does have the extra plugs, the RGU does not.
I can confirm this rumor. However, I ended up male to male because some tool at the MoCo put the wrong connector on my harness. This rainbow pride shit is getting out of hand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is the black finish durable?

These bars look perfect but I'm concerned about the hardness of the black paint after seeing the scratches in one of the post pics. Anybody else running into this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am planning to order a set of these. On the website there are two styles listed... a 1.25 inch and a 1 inch base. I have a 2017 RoadGlide Ultra. Which size I should order.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Finally installed my 16" Kst Spearheads. (Took 4 weeks and a few days due to custom length)
Had to extend the brake and clutch lines +4, kinda a pita. And as when I put the AIM light force on, I had a real struggle bleeding that line. Dont know why, but it took a second try to get the required throw.

Love the look and with the adjustability, I finally have my ideal fit.

Still have to button up, then I'll add some pics.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Finally installed my 16" Kst Spearheads. (Took 4 weeks and a few days due to custom length)
Had to extend the brake and clutch lines +4, kinda a pita. And as when I put the AIM light force on, I had a real struggle bleeding that line. Dont know why, but it took a second try to get the required throw.

Love the look and with the adjustability, I finally have my ideal fit.

Still have to button up, then I'll add some pics.
Pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
So, dumb question, but, did anyone replace the bushings with poly bushings while doing this?

Thanks!
I did not. Frankly I wasn't smart enough to think of it.
But, I dont have any issues yet, I assume I will be doing the bushings at some time, kinda wish I did it when I did the bars, but it wont kill me to take it apart one more time, I'm guessing when I get back from my 10k mile Alaska trip.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, after all this time, I've finally gotten around to "TRYING" to install my bars....

HOW THE HECK do you get enough slack in the brake and clutch lines???

I've cut all the wire tie's that I've seen....And, the CLUTCH side is still too tight/not enough slack....

Anyone have pictures of how the lines route on both sides?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well, after all this time, I've finally gotten around to "TRYING" to install my bars....

HOW THE HECK do you get enough slack in the brake and clutch lines???

I've cut all the wire tie's that I've seen....And, the CLUTCH side is still too tight/not enough slack....

Anyone have pictures of how the lines route on both sides?
How tall are the bars?

121 - 140 of 148 Posts