Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I recall reading your write up when you installed 4-5 hours, shave an hour after having done it i believe you said. Whats the width and pull back on yours? Site reads 4" or 6" pull back. Im sure the taller the bar the farther the width as well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did indeed go to the Road 6 13" bars. I liked the handling of the KST's but no one on the forum as far as I know has said anything about the difference in clamp height on the Rushmores compared with the older models. My buddy and I got the same KST bars last year @ Biketoberfest in Daytona. He has a 2013 RG and I have a 2015. We compared clamp height and it appears that the Rushmore handlebar clamp is ~ 1" lower than his 2013. Going back to my 2012 RG, I had 12" Wild 1 Outlaws and that handlebar was perfect for me. The Road 6 13" is about as close as I can get to the 12" Wild 1 Outlaws. Plus, I like that old ape hanger style with the curved bends.
I like the Wild 1 12" bars so much I put them on my Sporty. All the bars I mentioned are great but I'm doing a little fine tuning. Also, I hate using the Rushmore clamps. They are unnecessarily heavy. With the KST's, they didn't have the clamp holes so I used the older style clamps (about $12 as I recall).

Scoots

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
What's the pullback on them?
I have 12" KST Outlaws right now... they have a 3.5" pullback... and being short at 5'7".. I am reaching for them when level with the forks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SOLD. KST's are on their way to new owner.
KST makes that same bar for pre-Rushmore RG's. My friend has them on his 2013 RG.

Scoots

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Raining? Gawd, it's been great weather here in SWFL the past few days. After the KST's I installed the Road 6 Customs 13" apes in black on my Rushmore. Really liked them but didn't like the new clamps, So I ordered them in raw steel w/o the clamp holes. Was planning on getting them chromed. Getting them chromed turned out to be a PITA and I gave up. Finally, I changed out the risers and went with bars I really wanted from the start, 12" Wild 1 Chubbies polished SS. Finished up the install last night. Look for pics in the HB section soon. And look for a pair of Road 6 Customs 13" raw steel in the For Sale section. I recommend powder coating. The KST's are great bars.

Scoots

1 - 19 of 19 Posts