Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few other people have also had this issue with the newer KST Kustoms bars, I installed the 14'' Spearhead bars last winter and have had to tighten them down 4 times now. No matter what I do they won't stay tight, has anyone found a solution for this? I've tried the tape method where the rubber piece is with no luck.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Take the top clamp of the riser off and grind down the flat area of the riser itself to give you more clamping area between the cap and riser. I hope what i wrote makes sense to you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take the top clamp of the riser off and grind down the flat area of the riser itself to give you more clamping area between the cap and riser. I hope what i wrote makes sense to you.
Yes that make sense I will give that a shot, thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know a few other people have also had this issue with the newer KST Kustoms bars, I installed the 14'' Spearhead bars last winter and have had to tighten them down 4 times now. No matter what I do they won't stay tight, has anyone found a solution for this? I've tried the tape method where the rubber piece is with no luck.
Back when these first came out there were a number of posts regarding this issue. Every one of them (including for me, had KST build a set of 16" Spearheads for me) it was that rubber thing that they used instead of a standard knurled section. Dont know why they went to this method (and I assume they still use it??). It would slip out of place when adjusting the bars and then you could not tighten them up. I took someones suggestion to put a bit of tape around that bar over a small section of the rubber thing, just to keep it in place, and ... problem solved, it tightened up just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts