Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some input from people who are using or who are familiar with the 12" KST Renegade Bars (Renegade ™) and the Khrome Werks Bober style bars.

Just picked up my 2019 Road Glide and will be installing a RGU touring seat as most of my riding is two up. I'm 5'10" and like the height of the 12" bars. Right now I'm looking at the KST Renegade or the Khrome Werks Bober. Looking for input as to reach comfort, quality of bars and bike handling. Looks are important but comfort over rides looks.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I can only really speak to the quality of the bars. While I have a set of bars from both manufacturers, I've only ridden with the KST bars. They're Mayhem Bagger (electra glide) bars in the 12". Height wise, I really like them and I'm 5'11". Most of the time I ride solo and have a street glide seat on the bike. I also have 14" Krome Werks that I got as part of my parts package when converting my bike over to RG. The quality of bars is on par with KST. As for rider fit, I can tell you how they differ as I did not swap the bars over during the conversion. I know this won't help you a ton, but at least you know quality wise, you'll be good with either brand.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have the 14" KST Renegades. As far as quality and looks they're great. I'm 6'4" and I like the width and the wrist angle but I wish I had gone with the 12's or even the 10's. I'm just not an ape guy. As far as build quality and looks I don't think you can go wrong with KST, just try to sit on a few bikes with different height bars so you can be sure you get it right the first time.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Looking for some input from people who are using or who are familiar with the 12" KST Renegade Bars (Renegade ™) and the Khrome Werks Bober style bars.

Just picked up my 2019 Road Glide and will be installing a RGU touring seat as most of my riding is two up. I'm 5'10" and like the height of the 12" bars. Right now I'm looking at the KST Renegade or the Khrome Werks Bober. Looking for input as to reach comfort, quality of bars and bike handling. Looks are important but comfort over rides looks.
I have the Renegades in black, 14". I'm 5'-11" and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the renegades 12's, I'm 6 ft and they are very comfortable to me. Running cables is a PITA.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have the 14" KST Renegades. As far as quality and looks they're great. I'm 6'4" and I like the width and the wrist angle but I wish I had gone with the 12's or even the 10's. I'm just not an ape guy. As far as build quality and looks I don't think you can go wrong with KST, just try to sit on a few bikes with different height bars so you can be sure you get it right the first time.
MG is exactly right......during your travels or any bike rallies, asked to sit on a few different bikes with bars to see what feels right to you...so you know the right height and width of your arms/shoulders on the riding position....for me, 12 were a tad higher for my liking...10s were perfect....Good luck and post pixs soon.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I did 14" Pathfinders. I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam on a CVO Hammock. They're perfect. Install was a snap.
^this. Everyone is mentioning their bars. And their height. But few mention what seat they ride. Seats can move you forward or back, up or down, several inches. And they have different riding postures. Pull 14” bars towards you and they become similar to 12” pretty quick. So the seat could still be the difference in 10”, 12”, 14” or more working for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts