Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Today I swapped out my crappy stock RGU bars for some nice 12" Renegade bars from KST. Pulling the wires was a bitch! I got it figured out tho and am happy with the results except for 2 issues:

1). The grips do not seem to be on all the way, I had to pull left grip out a little to fit the clutch assembly, and the TBW grip on the right has @1/8" in and out play. I've adjusted this play out on other bikes I've had because it drives me nuts but these bars don't have enough room on the handle end.

2). In the most comfortable position my mirrors hit my windshield (15" Freedom shield which I like a lot). Pulled bars back and it helped. Tried mirrors under but I'm not sold on that. I had mirror extenders on the old bars which definitely will not fit.

So my questions for anyone who has installed these are:

1). Do you have to clearance inside of clutch and brake master housings where they meet with the bars at the swedge weld? Any way to space my TBW to take out the play?

2). Mirror options? I'm broad shouldered so I like my mirrors out there a bit.

Thanks, John

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m running into the same issue. Just installed 14” KST Renegades on my 18 RG. The throttle grip definitely seems like there’s a lot of play. Can’t tighten it though because the brake control is as far toward the left as it can go. Have you figured out a solution by chance?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts