Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 road glide standard
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished up installing the set of 14in spearheads and absolutely love them. My only problem with them is the internal wiring. Instead of coming out of the middle of the bar, they just hang out the bottom of the uprights. After the bar clamp gets tightened, the wires almost look like they are being pinched against the top of the fork covers. I’m wondering if anybody did a work around on this or just said hell with it? Would like to hear from someone, whose put a good bit of miles on them.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I ended up cutting my fork cover. I’ve swapped bars since. If you want mine so you don’t have to or want to cut yours. Just cover shipping. I can get you some pics

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
2021 road glide standard
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up cutting my fork cover. I’ve swapped bars since. If you want mine so you don’t have to or want to cut yours. Just cover shipping. I can get you some pics
I really appreciate that man, very generous of you. I wouldn’t mind seeing those pics. Any particular reason you ended up swapping from these? They seem really sturdy and look good but it’s just those damn wires

·
Registered
2021 road glide standard
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interested in the fork cover if he passes..
I noticed the same thing when I did my KST spearheads 2 weeks ago.
I’m honestly surprised that I haven’t found more online about this issue. I’m sure the wires will be fine but still not a fan of them being pinched like that, especially the the throttle wire.

·
Premium Member
3,657 Posts
I had absolutely no issues with my KST Pioneers. The wires and the forks all move as one and if you are running a meat hook type bar the bend isn't any worse than the hook part of the bar the way I see it. If it bothers any of you that much then install some HD poly bushings and that will gain you some extra clearance for the wires to bend as they exit the bottoms of the uprights.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I really appreciate that man, very generous of you. I wouldn’t mind seeing those pics. Any particular reason you ended up swapping from these? They seem really sturdy and look good but it’s just those damn wires
I will get you some pics later, I swapped because I couldn’t get them adjusted how I liked them. I still was getting shoulder blade pain. And my PV clamp didn’t fit the 1 1/2” bars.

Reactions: Ksm95

·
Registered
20 FLTRXS
184 Posts
I have Polly riser bushings coming Saturday... I will install those when I do my progressive mono tube front suspension after i recieve them next week

·
Registered
2021 road glide standard
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have Polly riser bushings coming Saturday... I will install those when I do my progressive mono tube front suspension after i recieve them next week
I’m thinking about ordering some right now. Should add an extra 1/2 in, which would be plenty, but we shall see. Those mono tubes make a big difference, smart move.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I’m thinking about ordering some right now. Should add an extra 1/2 in, which would be plenty, but we shall see. Those mono tubes make a big difference, smart move.
Here ya go. I’m sure you could clean the cuts up better, I never did because they was basically hidden. Mine is the flat black and not gloss black. Dk if that matters
Tire Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Synthetic rubber

Bicycle part Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Human leg Electric blue

Synthetic rubber Bicycle part Automotive tire Rim Fender

·
Registered
2021 road glide standard
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here ya go. I’m sure you could clean the cuts up better, I never did because they was basically hidden. Mine is the flat black and not gloss black. Dk if that matters View attachment 444157
View attachment 444156
View attachment 444155
After giving thought, I’m going to buy poly bushings to make the bars more sturdy and add and extra 1/4 in of clearance to the bottom. If this doesn’t satisfy me I’ll buy those off of you, that’s if other guy buys them or not. Thank you again, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
You absolutely need poly bushings with 14" bars.

My KSTs had the wires coming out in the crossbar, not the bottom of the uprights. Did they change this at some point?

·
Registered
2021 road glide standard
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You absolutely need poly bushings with 14" bars.

My KSTs had the wires coming out in the crossbar, not the bottom of the uprights. Did they change this at some point?
I’m thinking they might of changed it when they ditched the rubber insert and went to knurled? Hard to say. It’s not enough to pinch the wires but enough to annoy my OCD

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
It's called the Vanguard Collection which consists of the 3 piece bars. @'05Train you got the 1 piece bars.
He had a set of pathfinders, which is 3 piece set on his ultra. I remember reading his post before I bought this set. I’m like 98% sure though haha
Yep, Pathfinders. I can't believe they'd have the wires running through the bottoms of the uprights.....maybe give them a call today?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts