Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered them Friday direct from KST’s website and they came in Monday. They look to be really well built, the paint looks great on them. Will be installing this Wed and adding my favorite Avon cushion grips when they come in Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nice. Would love to see a photo of these installed...will they be below the line of the top of the fairing? will your hands still be out of the wind?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. Would love to see a photo of these installed...will they be below the line of the top of the fairing? will your hands still be out of the wind?

I will post pics when I get them installed, should be just above the top of the speaker grills just under the top of the fairing from the pictures i have seen.

18’ FLTRX
Twisted Cherry
12” Straight Jacket bars

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Ordered them Friday direct from KST’s website and they came in Monday. They look to be really well built, the paint looks great on them. Will be installing this Wed and adding my favorite Avon cushion grips when they come in Friday.

Good Looking Bars Man

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my bars on in about 2 hrs, look really good. Didn't have to de-pin anything all the connectors are the micro ones like my Fatboy Lo was. Did have to cut zip ties on brake/clutch line but didn't need to re-route or pull slack.

Ground down control pins and used a punch to flush up the one on clamp.

Could have done in probably an hr but worked last night and wanted to take my time since I'm pretty tired already.

Verified everything works, going to take a nap and test it on the road when I wake up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also you do not have to remove the ignition switch. Pop off the collar under the switch, turn switch all the way to lock and the gauges fit right over the switch. Then you can turn back to off position and stand the bike up to see if bars need adjustment before putting gauges back on

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Also you do not have to remove the ignition switch. Pop off the collar under the switch, turn switch all the way to lock and the gauges fit right over the switch. Then you can turn back to off position and stand the bike up to see if bars need adjustment before putting gauges back on.

I did pull the maxi fuse before starting install, read if you turn ignition to on position with gauges unplugged it would give error codes.

Edit: Road to bike night and no issues with install, was a lot easier than my Fatboy.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Also you do not have to remove the ignition switch. Pop off the collar under the switch...
Yeah, about that...There’s a coupla 2-3 page threads about that little horseshoe “collar”.

Like me, you’ve had good luck with it....others, not so much. HD seems to have found a market for them, evidenced by the jump in price over the last few years.

If mine ever breaks on me, I’m headin over to eBay for a replacement before I ever pay $80-$$100 for another one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Look great! If you don't mind me asking what's your height and inseam. I'm trying to figure out if I want 10 or 12" bars and there's not too many RG's around here and the one's that are around are stock bars. Thanks

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Look great! If you don't mind me asking what's your height and inseam. I'm trying to figure out if I want 10 or 12" bars and there's not too many RG's around here and the one's that are around are stock bars. Thanks
If your thinking 10"-12", GO 13"-14"

LOL

I put on 13" apes and really liked them, but I should have went with 16" apes

Just like everybody states, if you want 14" go 16"

For me and my bad shoulders, 16" are spot on perfect for me

Also remember, the stock cables and wiring work up to 14" without having to purchase new everything

When I switched from 13" to 16" I had replaced everything which was fine because I wanted steel verse rubber lines anyways

Good Luck Man

Swomack

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
if your thinking 10"-12", go 13"-14"

lol

i put on 13" apes and really liked them, but i should have went with 16" apes

just like everybody states, if you want 14" go 16"

for me and my bad shoulders, 16" are spot on perfect for me

also remember, the stock cables and wiring work up to 14" without having to purchase new everything

when i switched from 13" to 16" i had replaced everything which was fine because i wanted steel verse rubber lines anyways

good luck man

swomack
4879626-so+smart.jpg

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
5'7" with a 30" inseam

Rolled the bars back some and they are shoulder height with me sitting straight. Rolled them straight up and have to lean slightly fwd, didn't care for that.

I just put hands were i wanted and it was about mirror height on stock bars that's were 12s are.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Another trick is to hold a broom stick in you hands at height you like and have someone measure down to the clamp.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
14s are on. Pretty easy for the most part. The bars were kinda janky inside and grinding the pins on the collars was a hassle, but nothing hard about it. 14s are definitely as tall as you can go with stock cables and wires.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts