Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the weather reports were indicating a very mild warming trend for last weekend. Ordered a set of the 14: KST Spearheads. Installed Saturday and Sunday took the bike out for a ride and adjustments. All stock hydraulics. Ordered the wiring extensions as insurance as I didn't want to get half way through and then find that I needed them. Didn't need them but used them anyway (tucked extra wiring in the instrument cowl). About 2 hours start to finish; including a quick trip to town to get a round file to take care of the alignment pin in the Harley control clamp. Pulling wires? Maybe 15 minutes at most. I love the adjust-ability of the risers as I ended up turning them in a bit for a more comfortable position. Now can't wait for spring so I can get these out on the road!
2020-02-02 12.53.37.jpg 2020-02-02 12.31.49.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Those look great!
I'm torn between the 12 or the 14. How comfortable are they?
Do you mind stating your final grip height?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Looks great! I’ve installed a number of the KST bars and have always been really happy with them.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those look great!
I'm torn between the 12 or the 14. How comfortable are they?
Do you mind stating your final grip height?
They were very comfortable on my test ride. I'm 6'0 with 36" sleeve length. I did turn them in a bit to change the angle of the grips.

I'll have to measure tonight when I get home from work. You want grip height in reference to what?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Great look! That's the way that I plan to go as well... probably in 12s though...

·
Registered
11 Posts
They were very comfortable on my test ride. I'm 6'0 with 36" sleeve length. I did turn them in a bit to change the angle of the grips.

I'll have to measure tonight when I get home from work. You want grip height in reference to what?
Grip height from the top of the clamp bracket. It will help me visualize where hands really wind up. Thanks.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Saw the weather reports were indicating a very mild warming trend for last weekend. Ordered a set of the 14: KST Spearheads. Installed Saturday and Sunday took the bike out for a ride and adjustments. All stock hydraulics. Ordered the wiring extensions as insurance as I didn't want to get half way through and then find that I needed them. Didn't need them but used them anyway (tucked extra wiring in the instrument cowl). About 2 hours start to finish; including a quick trip to town to get a round file to take care of the alignment pin in the Harley control clamp. Pulling wires? Maybe 15 minutes at most. I love the adjust-ability of the risers as I ended up turning them in a bit for a more comfortable position. Now can't wait for spring so I can get these out on the road! View attachment 410475 View attachment 410476 View attachment 410476 View attachment 410475
What is this part? Never saw before.
Screenshot_20200208-122631.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The flat part yes but what is the thing mounted to it?

It's a phone holder. Solid aluminum. A ratchet system. You press a release and what you see opens up. Place the phone between the four posts and squeeze the sides back together. The wheel you see at the bottom tightens the two clamps. When the phone is in place I can still see my GTS display and gauges. It works great. But now I can't find the original order email to see who makes it (or who I bought it from).

·
Registered
921 Posts
Haha... I was going to say who sells it. How about a pic instead.of a cup in it instead?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went out to the garage. Not great pictures but you get the gist of how it works.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
921 Posts
Wow! Between the aces mount that that holder, tpu got a bank roll to hold your phone!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow! Between the aces mount that that holder, tpu got a bank roll to hold your phone!

LOL. Those are minor compared to what we spend on our bikes. And I wanted something that wasn't plastic and would securely hold the phone. Didn't want a bar mount. These fit the bill.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I installed 14” Spearheads on our 2016 RGS this weekend. I’m 6’2” and 34” inseam. My experience with them is limited but so far I love them. These bars are NOT designed to work with HD heated grips. We spent several hours milling and filing the brake and clutch housings to get them to fit. Not a deal breaker but it’s not a plug and play affair either. A cut off wheel and several files will be required.
F4509DCD-BCA3-4095-9699-6752922349DB.jpeg
F4509DCD-BCA3-4095-9699-6752922349DB.jpeg 7068FE39-C4BF-4820-A984-50D9DB9DEF23.jpeg

·
Registered
294 Posts
I installed 14” Spearheads on our 2016 RGS this weekend. I’m 6’2” and 34” inseam. My experience with them is limited but so far I love them. These bars are NOT designed to work with HD heated grips. We spent several hours milling and filing the brake and clutch housings to get them to fit. Not a deal breaker but it’s not a plug and play affair either. A cut off wheel and several files will be required. View attachment 414078 View attachment 414078 View attachment 414079 View attachment 414078 View attachment 414079
I did not have a problem hooking up HD heated grips with my install. I had 14" spearheads and now have to 16". Both sets heated grip install was a breeze.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Then something is different. There was no way to seat my grips and to get the perch clamps anywhere near the taper on the bars. The only way to get the perch clamp to seat without modification was to pull each grip 3/8" off the bars.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts