Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So up in Canada, a standing joke is all of us nick naming Kuryakyn, Kurykrappin.
I did some reading online and liked the price of their brake pedal for my bike with lowers.
I bought it at a good price, (the Softbrake was crazy expensive), and my friend an I went into my garage to install.
I have Advanblack lowers.
We removed the lower, easily removed the stock lever and when we went to slide the new Kuryakyn one on it was beyond tight. Used the 5/8” retaining nut to wrench it on (thinking by the time it gets to the o-ring stop it will move with ease, as the original).
Well got to the end and it was seized.
Struggled with a screwdriver behind it and managed to pry it off, very slow process.
Extensive sanding inside the bushing with 100 grit and it slipped on with ease, extensive sanding I’d like to stress!
So bolted everything back up, tested brake light actuation, greased..... everything good!
Now the quality of the chrome and bushing looks top notch, I was surprised, but the bushing/shaft clearance is out to lunch. Strike one.
Bike up on a lift so couldn’t properly sit on it but put right foot on floorboard and it feels different. My friend did a quick measurement and it’s about 3/8” closer to floorboard. Really, that’s it?
Now there’s tons of room from the lower. Why do they say won’t fit with lowers? Crimenie, it could be +3” and still easily clear.
I regret not getting the +1 for my size 12 boots lol. That was a lot of money for 3/8”.
Strike 2
Thanks for letting me vent, I’m usually positive about aftermarket farkles, except this time.
Dene

·
Registered
127 Posts
I went with a Soft Brake. Just got it, so it's not on yet. Their site said I could only go with a 1 inch extended model since I have (HD) lowers. They sell em 1, 2, & 3 extended. Hate the stock pedal. Site has a install video, looked like a easy install.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Stock pedal is pure crap. Makes you wonder if Harley engineers actually ride the bikes they designed.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I just put one on my bike the other day too. I was a little hesitant about the Kuryakyn part as well. They have a lot of junk stuff, but this pedal is not bad at all. I got the black one. It basically put the pedal in the same position as it was on the bike the new Road Glide is replacing.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I actually went to the dealer last week to order this hoping to use my loyalty points for the purchase. They told me to just go order the soft brake. It always surprises me when they don’t want my money but I’m always glad when they send me to a good product and help me avoid other people’s problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DeneFLTRX
1 - 5 of 5 Posts