Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all- Looking to add some accents to the bike. Like the gauges, speakers etc. Anyone have an opinion on Kuryakyn brand stuff? Is it reputable, long lasting, easy to install? It's better priced than HD's for sure!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey all- Looking to add some accents to the bike. Like the gauges, speakers etc. Anyone have an opinion on Kuryakyn brand stuff? Is it reputable, long lasting, easy to install? It's better priced than HD's for sure!
I have many Kuryakyn products on my bike. Floorboards, mirrors, levers, grips, and highway pegs. They are of the highest quality and I will buy from them again.

Reactions: sh1520

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I have, and have had, several products as well. Always a great finish and long lasting durability has been my experience.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've had their ISO-grips on my 2 previous bikes, and currently have their Kinetic Grips and their Lower Triple Tree Wind Deflector on my RGU. I am planning on eventually getting the Kinetic floorboard inserts to match the grips. I haven't had any issues with them and I like that they're now offering most of their products in black as well as chrome (for the same price) so you don't have to DIY or send them out for powdercoat.

I've noticed that people either love them or hate them without much middleground in between. Personally, I've really liked the products I've used, but there are some products they make that I'd never use. In the end it's all about whether you like how it looks and if it works for what you want/need.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Maybe the stuff they make for HD's is different, but every piece of Kury crap on my former Gold Wings was absolute junk. The designs are great, but the finish shortly starts rusting and/or pitting in short time. Maybe it's because I'm a rider and don't have garage queens, or live on the east coast, but I will never give Kury another $1 of my hard earned money.

Do a google search for "kuryakyn chrome problems" and sit back with a beer or six :grin:

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Can tell ya from past bids on test substrates ( their parts ) they expect a lot for not doing themselves
Expect you work for them, and all know they should do it themselves then......f em, Greek is as Greek does

Many won't bow to em or their quality demands
Anyways, something for nothing, them or nothing

If they (K) play right they get treated (plating wise ) right

have tried to own at least 4 shops in the PNW in past 20
With finger in teturn

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
I have always had good luck with Kuryakyn's fit and finish. All parts were for HD's ,so I can't comment on others.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Had iso pegs and grips on my sportster. Keep outdoors under a cover no finish problems. Just don't go shy with using lock tight. Lost a grip end cap, almost lost a peg.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses! Looks like I'm gonna get me some trim (for the bike lol). Even better, J&P Cycles is having a "no shipping" sale today! May as well take advantage of it!

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I have always had great luck with the Kuryakyn products. Mirrors, grips, ect. I average 22,000 to 25,000 miles a year on my bikes and I have never had any issues with finishes going bad. They have some really good designs on many elements they sell and their pricing is fair. You can buy Kuryakyn products from this link http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/kuryakyn and get discounts.
Good Luck.
Swomack

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Had Kuryakyn products on several of my bikes (Kawasaki Vulcan, and Electra Glides and previous Road Glide). All had great fit and finish that lasted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts