Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Absolutely. That was the very first thing I did when I got my bike, and worth every penny!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Absolutely. I put them on my 2010 - but only on the right side to get my leg out past the heavy air breather. Weird thing is it doesn’t feel off or look strange. Nobody would even know by looking at it.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Yeah they did......with my size 13's....I wish I could even get more. But that wouldn't be conducive to going around corners with any kind of speed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It looks comfortable but im concerned with the shift placement. The lever already seams too far in for me as is (i shift my foot inbd every shift instead of being able to make it from a natural position). Any way to easily move that lever over a bit for this mod? I dont use the heal shift at all and honestly thought of taking heel shift off and installing toe shift lever in its location to move it out more on stock floorboard location

·
Registered
48 Posts
It looks comfortable but im concerned with the shift placement. The lever already seams too far in for me as is (i shift my foot inbd every shift instead of being able to make it from a natural position). Any way to easily move that lever over a bit for this mod? I dont use the heal shift at all and honestly thought of taking heel shift off and installing toe shift lever in its location to move it out more on stock floorboard location

I haven't bought these spacers but i may after reading this.
I actually did remove my heel shifter and move my toe shifter out and it works great!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Funny, I just replied in the “what did you do to your Road Glide today” section. I installed mine yesterday after procrastinating for several months. Huge difference. Feels like I made the entire floorboards wider! Highly recommend.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
You can move your shifter out, I bought a spacer on line when I took my kicker off. I do not have the floor board extenders but they are on my short list.

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
I put them on in the first month I had the bike. Never regretted it, never needed to relocate the shifter. It's still right there.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I’m trying to decide if these extenders are just a tall-guy accessory? Some of this appeals to me, such as getting my foot/leg further away from the heat, and certainly relaxing the hip joint. At 5’7”, are these recommended? If they affect the toe shifter position, do they also affect the rear brake pedal position?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’m trying to decide if these extenders are just a tall-guy accessory? Some of this appeals to me, such as getting my foot/leg further away from the heat, and certainly relaxing the hip joint. At 5’7”, are these recommended? If they affect the toe shifter position, do they also affect the rear brake pedal position?
They do not affect the toe shifter position from what I can tell. Just push the floorboard away from the frame a little more. For those of us with splayed hips, a little more width will be more comfortable. Shifting will require the same motion as before.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The best thing about the extenders is it gives your feet a more comfortable position if you ride with your heels on the footboard and toes on highway pegs. I wear size 11 boots and without the extenders my heels would be just on the outside edge of the footboard when putting my boot toes on the highway peg. With extenders my heels are more toward the center of the footboard.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Question, do they make the floorboards drag at low speed U-turns or high speed cornering? I have tendency to scrape a floor board or two when slow maneuvering and in some cases switchbacks. I haven't read anything negative. the difference looks like they will make for a more comfortable ride. Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Question, do they make the floorboards drag at low speed U-turns or high speed cornering? I have tendency to scrape a floor board or two when slow maneuvering and in some cases switchbacks. I haven't read anything negative. the difference looks like they will make for a more comfortable ride. Thanks for any information.
I guess if you push it hard enough they will scrape, but i do no think they increase that by anymore. Now if i could find away to relocate my kickstand a little because i am scraping the hell out it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts