Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***UPDATE***
Contacted Kuryakyn customer service and told them the story. They asked to have my dealer who ordered the part for me contact them and see what they can do. Just go call from my dealer parts guy and Kuryakyn is shipping me new floorboard extension kit and no cost to me. Just gotta bring HD the broken kit to send back. I was just about to pull trigger on vtwin-goodies extensions and cyclesmith banana boards. Saved me 400 bucks. Pretty cool of Kuryakyn. If they had done nothing I would have never bought another part of theirs, but now I imagine I will. Hope this info helps some of you guys out one day with out of warranty Kury Parts!

Took bike in for 15k maint, bought bike and installed kuryakyn floorboard extensions exactly 2 years ago. HD informed me they are cracking and loose, if they try to tighten they think they will break. 1 year warranty on the parts. So do I re buy the same Kuryakyn extensions or are there other ones out there you guys recommend?

Kury kit moves boards out 1" and forward 1". I really like em, infact I could use another 1/2 inch out and forward...Most other kits I've seen only move them outward or forward but not both. 80 bucks shipped from Amazon I may just replace with same thing unless you guys got stories of better ones?

thanks!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I bought vtwin goodies and have been quite happy, mention forum to get special pricing

·
Registered
105 Posts
Took bike in for 15k maint, bought bike and installed kuryakyn floorboard extensions exactly 2 years ago. HD informed me they are cracking and loose, if they try to tighten they think they will break. 1 year warranty on the parts. So do I re buy the same Kuryakyn extensions or are there other ones out there you guys recommend?

Kury kit moves boards out 1" and forward 1". I really like em, infact I could use another 1/2 inch out and forward...Most other kits I've seen only move them outward or forward but not both. 80 bucks shipped from Amazon I may just replace with same thing unless you guys got stories of better ones?

thanks!
Harley goodies, and Soos-Kits.com

·
Registered
605 Posts
I did harley goodies 1 inch out and harley 1 inch forward pans cost a little more but works great

·
Registered
337 Posts
Extensions

Pingle makes some decent extension mounts in chrome or black. Run around $50 at Dennis Kirk.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Where are the floorboards cracking at, got any pics??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anything would be better than kuryakyn parts. I have installed their floorboards, shift extensions, and both are pitting and looking like total crap, all after only 2+ years. It has become very clear, if you have money to throw out the window, and don't mind replacing the misc parts you buy....buy kurycrappin.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Updated OP with Kurakyns response, replacing product even tho its out of warranty!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts