Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love moving the floorboards out a bit. Wondering if anyone has tried the Kuryakyn Floorboard Relocator brackets? (http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/83/floorboard-relocation-brackets)

I've used the 3/4" spacers, but the brackets move the board out an inch as well as forward an inch; which I really would like.

The brackets list for $99 whereas the spacers are only $39.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had them on my 08 Ultra. Was definitely more comfortable for me. Moved the board out and forward.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Have them on mine, love them.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn relocators. Easy install and give me much more room. I don't think I paid $99 though. Check Amazon or eBay.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great replies! Thanks guys!!!

Found them on Dennis Kirk for $75.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Like them

I installed the Kury spacers on mine. Very happy, puts my feet in a comfortable position. And moved the right floorboard out just enough so it no longer hits the Python True Duals I installed. :cool:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have the Kurys also. Much better than original position and gets right leg away from the breather for a more comfortable ride.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have them on mine with tall boys brackets, works great
I have the Tall Boys Cycles brackets, and I was hoping they would afford me a little more leg room. Do you have a pic of your setup? I'd like to see how it all goes together. Also, do you have any problems with scraping the footboards through tight curves?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Viking, I also added harley extended floorboards, you can't go further lol. here's my setup: tall boys bracket,kuryakyn brackets , harley extended floorboards, Walters workshop extended shifter arm (highly recommended) matches stock very well , also added pingel shifter peg extension ( also highly recommended because floorboards are now moved out) and softbrake +2 extended brake pedal. no clearance issue yet, they still fold up if I lean that far. key is not to tighten bolts so tight that floorboards don't move. this is only pic I have on my phone. I can take better pics later if you want

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Viking, I also added harley extended floorboards, you can't go further lol. here's my setup: tall boys bracket,kuryakyn brackets , harley extended floorboards, Walters workshop extended shifter arm (highly recommended) matches stock very well , also added pingel shifter peg extension ( also highly recommended because floorboards are now moved out) and softbrake +2 extended brake pedal. no clearance issue yet, they still fold up if I lean that far. key is not to tighten bolts so tight that floorboards don't move. this is only pic I have on my phone. I can take better pics later if you want
Thanks for the pic. I also have the SoftBrake +2 pedal, but am still using the stock shift lever, which works fine for me. I think I'm going to order the Kuryakyn brackets to gain a little more leg room. I recently installed the Harley Tallboy seat, which also helped, but if I'd like to gain every bit of room possible. Did you have any fitment issues with attaching the Kuryakyn brackets to the Tall Boys Cycles brackets?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Im interested in these brackets as well, but Im short, and wondering if you install these on the opposite side of the bike they belong on, do they still move the boards out, but move them back an inch?
Before one of you guys install them correctly, will you put them on the opposite side and see if they will work that way?
i would appreciate it greatly!
thanks!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Thanks for the pic. I also have the SoftBrake +2 pedal, but am still using the stock shift lever, which works fine for me. I think I'm going to order the Kuryakyn brackets to gain a little more leg room. I recently installed the Harley Tallboy seat, which also helped, but if I'd like to gain every bit of room possible. Did you have any fitment issues with attaching the Kuryakyn brackets to the Tall Boys Cycles brackets?
not really, just had to add a couple of washers between the brackets for a better fit.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Im interested in these brackets as well, but Im short, and wondering if you install these on the opposite side of the bike they belong on, do they still move the boards out, but move them back an inch?
Before one of you guys install them correctly, will you put them on the opposite side and see if they will work that way?
i would appreciate it greatly!
thanks!
I'll have to look, that might work. You could also get the harley extended floorboards and mount them on opposite side to move them back 2".you'd also need to get an extended heel shifter arm or just remove it. They also sell cheap spacers to move boards just out 3/4"- 1" if you want. what's your current setup? Do you have a reduced reach seat?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I installed the relocator brackets last night. Compared to the simple spacers I've used before, these are a much better option. Not only are the boards moved out an inch, but they are moved forward as well.

Went for a long ride and my right foot no longer is getting caught up under the brake pedal. Amazing how much more comfortable you feet/leg position makes with the relatively small change.

Highly recommend these!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Glad to see so many good reviews on the relocator brackets.

I think they are going to be a must have for me as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts