Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bringing over a set of Kuryakyn highway pegs from my Stratoliner.
I really like them, eventually I want a set of Harley ones, but these suit me for now.

Now here is the thing. They just absolutely drip rust. Not from the chrome parts, but from the dang fasteners that are black oxide, or worse yet, zinc plated. I am going to replace all the fasteners with stainless ones. The only thing that I can't replace is the bent "washer" so I am going to try slipping in stainless washers until I get the right thickness.

It seems to me that Kuryakyn cuts corners sometimes. The main part of the merchandise is all really good, but fasteners and such are usually the cheapest think they can find.

Anybody else have any other ideas?

·
Registered
27 Posts
They just absolutely drip rust.

It seems to me that Kuryakyn cuts corners sometimes.
I bought a set of Kuryakyn Zombie Pegs for my 2013 FLTRU this year at a rally from the Kuryakyn booth and had them also do the install. The pegs looked good for a few months. However about two weeks ago I was polishing my bike and I noticed that the pegs looked old and were not cleaning up very well. So I did a closer inspection. They are corroding out all over and are rusting on the chrome. I thought...WTF???

Well, I have contacted Kuryakyn and they refuse to stand up and replace the pegs. I will not recommend the Kuryakyn metal chrome parts. Their plastic may be fine the stay away from items that are chrome on steel or aluminum. They offered me a 20% discount on buying new pegs. That is an insult. I see that as throwing away 80% real money.

STAY AWAY FROM KURYAKYN ZOMBIE FOOT PEGS! :mad::mad::mad:

I have attached a photo of one of the pegs.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Kuryakyn is junk .:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts