Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Kuryakyn Kinetic black grips with throttle bosses. Less than 500 miles on them. Great grips but just not for me. They looked great on my ‘16 RGS with 12” Vindikta Marauders. $142 new retail. $80 plus the ride from 82801, OBO.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another bump, price drop to $70 plus the ride. Would like to sell here rather than the online auction.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Does the left side (clutch side) glue on or is it held on by the controls like the harley grips?
I have the same setup but the ISO Kuryakyn grips and I have never needed to use glue

It sits just fine if installed correctly

These grip are great and feel great in your hands

That's a fair deal as well at that price

Just my .02 cents

Swomack

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have the same setup but the ISO Kuryakyn grips and I have never needed to use glue

It sits just fine if installed correctly

These grip are great and feel great in your hands

That's a fair deal as well at that price

Just my .02 cents

Swomack

What is your method for install of the iso grip clutch side?

I have used windex in the past on a metric bike on the throttle sleeve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
What is your method for install of the iso grip clutch side?

I have used windex in the past on a metric bike on the throttle sleeve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve always been able to slide it on and tighten everything done

If I torque it up or down with my left hand it will move but it’s a good tight fit without glue

Because I use the throttle boss units on both grips for my palm to rest on I like it to be adjustable some

Once again it’s a tight fit because of the rubber seeded in the housing

Now if I was going to apply glue I would take some steel wool and make sure the glue had something to grab onto

Fresh powdercoated doesn’t make for a perfect bond

I have used the same style ISO grip on my last four bikes and only glued the first set down

If you get a pair try it first on the throttle side and tighten down everything and you will see what I’m talking about

Also always remember, if you are going to set up with glue, always apply the throttle side first

Electronic throttle so it dictates the left sides position

Now match up with the throttle side to the right side and your good to go

Swomack

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Are these still available?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have these same grips and they are great.... I didn't glue them either after I ruined a pair of ISO grips that the dealer put on my factory set of bars. I simply wrap some electrical tape around the bar to give it a little extra thickness and then spray some windex and they slide right on. Once the windex dries, the grip is very solid and isn't going anywhere unless you really crank on it with all your efforts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts