Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just wanting to see if anyone has used Kuryakyn's Load equalizers? I was told that I needed 2 of them and they look like this ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1374804074.098182.jpg
On the package jt does say that it works with OEM alarm systems. I installed Custom Dynamic LED's in front and rear turn signals. I also have Kuryakyn's adapter harness that allows 2 of those Equalizers to be installed. Has anyone used this or have any expierience? If so, Does these run hot? How do you like them?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
So just wanting to see if anyone has used Kuryakyn's Load equalizers? I was told that I needed 2 of them and they look like this View attachment 39089
On the package jt does say that it works with OEM alarm systems. I installed Custom Dynamic LED's in front and rear turn signals. I also have Kuryakyn's adapter harness that allows 2 of those Equalizers to be installed. Has anyone used this or have any expierience? If so, Does these run hot? How do you like them?

Do the Custom Dynamics lights work right without the equalizers??

If you do indeed need something, are the Kuryakyn ones what Custom Dynamics recommends??

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do the Custom Dynamics lights work right without the equalizers??

If you do indeed need something, are the Kuryakyn ones what Custom Dynamics recommends??
With the CD lights installed the blinkers blink fast like they should. Lower amp pull from the LED's makes the computer think the lights are out

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Ok, It does indeed fit just runs a little on the warm side!!!! Jesus, that thang gets so hot!!! Calling Badlands in the morning!

Don't think badlands will be any better had them on a soft tail and did not last as long as my kuryakan. Takes the place of the factory bulb amp draw touch the old bulbs when they or on hot mfer's you have to match that amp draw for the ecm to be happy. So it will be hot!! When you sit at a light to turn don't leave your blinker on the whole time.Oh and use diaelectric grease on the connections or if you get cot in rain the connection may get wet and mess your turn signal up.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I'd recommend the equalizers from Custom Dynamics. They are electronic and plug inline with the rear light harness. Avoid any resistance based equalizers (which I believe these are). They get hot, and if you use your Emergency Flashers, they can burn up. The electronic ones do not get any where near as hot, and they say you can use your emergency flashers all day, if the battery lasts that long.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd recommend the equalizers from Custom Dynamics. They are electronic and plug inline with the rear light harness. Avoid any resistance based equalizers (which I believe these are). They get hot, and if you use your Emergency Flashers, they can burn up. The electronic ones do not get any where near as hot, and they say you can use your emergency flashers all day, if the battery lasts that long.
Ok, thanks for the information! Will check out CD load equalizer!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I use the CD Red LED lights on my rear turn signals. I run the Badlands Run/Brake/Turn adapter, with the Load Equalizer. I have had it over 3 years. I never have had a heat problem and works great. I even gave one to a friend as a present. He is happy too.

Now if you look at the Badlands Run/Brake/Turn module, make sure to get the one with the Equalizer. They have both with and without the Equalizer. The one with the Equalizer is electronic, not resistance, and will work with any light. You can use bulbs, Neon or LED or any combination. No additional Equalizer required.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Kuryakin load equalizer

Mine burn't up and I had to go back to the stock Harley tail lights.I have the CD plasma strips and they work just fine with the stock Harley harness.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya I ended up taking advice above and am actually right in the middle of installing CD load equalizer with the triple play unit that makes the rear signals run, turn, brake. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1375329947.260466.jpg

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Does these run hot? How do you like them?
I had one (Kury load equalizer resistor) on my Nomad with the triple play taillight package and one day as I was leaving the neighborhood it started burning under my seat. Smoke coming out... :eek:

If you install one, be sure it has some airflow - not packed in tight like I did. If I go LED again it will be electronic. Too bad H-D doesn't use electronic flashers instead of the old fashioned flasher module.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts