1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Ha, funny you mention this. It is a pretty new bag so that is why there aren't a lot of reviews on it. This bag is actually the reason for me wanting to swap my Tour Pack rack from the Stealth to the Premium (larger size). I've never used luggage before, but want to expand the capacity of shit I can haul around. This new Kury bag looks like just the ticket for me and the price is right.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Not as sleek or aerodynamic, I use this one and love it. Lot's of room for the wife's "tons of way too much stuff to take on a motorcycle trip" packing. Attaches to the luggage rack, has a rain cover, then I put a bungee net over the top and it doesn't move. Never really noticed any handling/riding issues, just have to be very careful when opening the tour pack when it's attached, which I am sure is the same with any bag.

https://www.amazon.com/River-Road-Sissy-Bar-Trunk/dp/B004MR1MS6/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1496337947&sr=8-11&keywords=river+road+motorcycle+bag

I bought it on clearance at a local Indy shop for like $75.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Glad you posted this, I've been looking for something to use on weekend trips w/ the little lady. When I'm flying solo it's usually 1 week at least which means I'm camping which means I look like this:

Think I can learn to do without? :)

Attachments

Reactions: 08Zinc

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Glad you posted this, I've been looking for something to use on weekend trips w/ the little lady. When I'm flying solo it's usually 1 week at least which means I'm camping which means I look like this:

Wow brother, you're about half a napkin away from needing a trailer! lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. Should be here next week. Road trip isn't 'til the end of June, so will give a report then.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Damn, that's a load for sure. No room for the lady there, or maybe she fell off?!?

Where was that photo taken?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts

You really get around! That is a great picture for a year on the road. Here's my bike set up for a week, albeit with a hotel and not camping. So, I obviously overpack. When my parents were able to travel overseas, they would pack the equivalent of a small duffle bag for 2 weeks. My wife and I need a minivan for just the two of us. LOL

Attachments

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Damn, that's a load for sure. No room for the lady there, or maybe she fell off?!?

Bear Tooth Pass, Wyoming. Absolutely gorgeous place. Looking forward to your review of that luggage.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
You really get around! That is a great picture for a year on the road. Here's my bike set up for a week, albeit with a hotel and not camping. So, I obviously overpack. When my parents were able to travel overseas, they would pack the equivalent of a small duffle bag for 2 weeks. My wife and I need a minivan for just the two of us. LOL
You are definitely not over-packed; I was on the road for seven weeks, covered 7,623 miles. My lifetime
dream-trip in 2016. By the way: that is one beautiful scoot you have there.

Reactions: 08Zinc

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. Should be here next week. Road trip isn't 'til the end of June, so will give a report then.
Looking at the page next to add to cart says "No Stock Until 7/11/2017" Are you sure you getting it in time?

I use this one. almost the same except the bungee system on top
Its also a little shorter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0022XG3WM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I actually ordered off eBay. However, several sites were sold out including Kuryakyn and Revzilla. They must be selling them but nobody is posting reviews.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Bear Tooth Pass, Wyoming. Absolutely gorgeous place. Looking forward to your review of that luggage.
I rode Beartooth and Chief Joseph last summer. It's only about 150 miles from where I live. Awesome ride for sure.

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
I don't know about that particular piece, but I have Kury luggage that I've been using close to once a month for the last three years, besides a little bit of fade it has held up better than previous brands I've used, doesn't show much wear at all. I'll probably be buying something from Kury again in a couple of years. Hopefully something with wheels.:smile:

Reactions: jlmowry

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
You are definitely not over-packed; I was on the road for seven weeks, covered 7,623 miles. My lifetime
dream-trip in 2016. By the way: that is one beautiful scoot you have there.
Man, I keep hoping to be able to take a dream trip like that at some point. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening with the wife and work keeping me closer to home. I will continue to live vicariously through photos like yours and trip reports. 7623 miles.... WOW!!! I'm impressed and jealous at the same time. Thanks for the kind words about my bike.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Constantly fighting between two inner voices: "Travel Light" and "If you take it you won't need it". The Kury Momentum bag is only 100 bucks, pretty good price for the size. Friend of mine has the Kury Pet Palace--which he loves, even though he doesn't ride with a pet. Of course you realize that starting this thread constitutes commitment to post pictures of whatever you end up with, right? Good thing that pic shows the shark nose otherwise I'd have thought there was a pack mule under all that stuff XD

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like to think I pack light, however this will be my first extended trip with the lady on the back so who knows what's going to get thrown in that bag. I'll post pics of the bag when I get it, hopefully Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I like to think I pack light, however this will be my first extended trip with the lady on the back so who knows what's going to get thrown in that bag. I'll post pics of the bag when I get it, hopefully Wednesday.
You and I are in the same boat my friend. I've never done any overnighters, but want to start doing so with SWMBO. I don't want to pack too much, so this bag looks like a good combination of capacity without being cumbersome. Really looking forward to your pictures and full review. If you get a chance, lay out everything that you pack in the bag so we can see what can be expected to fit. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts