Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
couple years ago I dropped my bike and broke one of my Kuryakyn vents. They no longer sell them. Wondering if someone out there may have a set or one piece. I have one good one need one for the the right side. Really like these vents. If someone knows where I can get something else like this that would also work.
Thanks

20210516_105718.jpg
20210516_105720.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Will see just place the order.
Thanks
Please let us know.
I'd seen the ones for older street glides, didn't know Kuryakyn made a road glide model.

We're they functional ?
I mean obviously you liked them, but did you notice a big difference !!
And they seem kind of big.
Do they look pretty stylish ???
(Eye of beholder)

I know they don't make "FANGS" for Rushmore Road Glides, but I made a pretty decent looking set that clamp to my roll bar. But I found the air deflection okay but heat buildup. .back alley engineering fail

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please let us know.
I'd seen the ones for older street glides, didn't know Kuryakyn made a road glide model.

We're they functional ?
I mean obviously you liked them, but did you notice a big difference !!
And they seem kind of big.
Do they look pretty stylish ???
(Eye of beholder)

I know they don't make "FANGS" for Rushmore Road Glides, but I made a pretty decent looking set that clamp to my roll bar. But I found the air deflection okay but heat buildup. .back alley engineering fail
They come in first week of June I'll post pics when installed

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Following to see pics.....

Reactions: PhDr.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so these are very close to the ones that Kury
20210605_110504.jpg
20210605_110515.jpg
20210605_110535.jpg
20210605_110554.jpg
akyn sold. Maybe a little cheaper made. If you have lowers you should be alright. If you have speakers in those lowers you will have to modify the bottom edge to clear. Sorry I had to find some time to grind them down to fit. Here's some picks. So far so good. I'll know more after I get back from a week long trip to Kentucky.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Ok so these are very close to the ones that Kury View attachment 427918 View attachment 427919 View attachment 427920 View attachment 427921 akyn sold. Maybe a little cheaper made. If you have lowers you should be alright. If you have speakers in those lowers you will have to modify the bottom edge to clear. Sorry I had to find some time to grind them down to fit. Here's some picks. So far so good. I'll know more after I get back from a week long trip to Kentucky.
Thanks for the update. I just ordered a pair.

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
1,243 Posts
Ok so these are very close to the ones that Kury View attachment 427918 View attachment 427919 View attachment 427920 View attachment 427921 akyn sold. Maybe a little cheaper made. If you have lowers you should be alright. If you have speakers in those lowers you will have to modify the bottom edge to clear. Sorry I had to find some time to grind them down to fit. Here's some picks. So far so good. I'll know more after I get back from a week long trip to Kentucky.
Love the "OG" Air Force sticker...old school meself, cant stand that corporate logo instituted in the 90's...interesting paint scheme overall as well...

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Do you notice a difference with them installed?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
If you didn’t see my post in “What did you do to your Road Glide today”, I got my wings put on last night. I’ll find out how they do this morning on my way to work.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
After a ride to work, I have to say that I’m impressed. With them open to the second setting they blow air into my sides and armpits, which feels great! Any further open and they blow in my face. Closed, they create a bigger dead air zone that will be nice when it’s cold. I like them so far.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I like the idea of directing a little air to my sides. When closed you said they create a bigger dead air zone. I'd be interested in the cold weather riding benefits. Do you think there is a substantially reduced amount of air flow over the top of your hands with stock handlebars?(looks like you might have tallboy bars???)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I like the idea of directing a little air to my sides. When closed you said they create a bigger dead air zone. I'd be interested in the cold weather riding benefits. Do you think there is a substantially reduced amount of air flow over the top of your hands with stock handlebars?(looks like you might have tallboy bars???)
I have stock bars. I didn’t notice any change in air on my hands but less air on my knees, underarms and torso.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts