Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Bought the Kury plate frame in 08 for my SG. HD didn't offer one then. Kury hardware was junk and rusted quick. Replaced the hardware with some good stainless bolts. Traded the bike off this summer and the chrome was starting to lift around the plate bolt holes.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They look very similar in the pics. The frame part actually looks exactly the same between the two. I've noticed that it is running a few bucks cheaper than the HD. BUT, I definitely don't want it to rust on me.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just installed a black Kuryakyn 3157. I think the HD one is just a rebranded Kuryakyn. It appears to be good quality, but time will tell I guess. Would have been nice if they included black flathead screws. Sounds like I may have to replace them when they rust.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up getting the HD one. Did anyone use the stupid foam stick on pads and strips that came in the kit? Just wondering if you really need that crap (that will probably come off after the first time they get wet)...

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't like Kuryakyn's chrome. It seems to be a different color and much softer. I'll spend the extra few bucks and go with HD.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I installed the Kuryakyn on my Custom. The fit and quality was excellent. At the same time I also installed the kuryakyn led lighted filler that sits on top of the light bar on the custom. They are both good quality and look great together.

·
Registered
508 Posts
bought the HD one, looks good and quality is ok. :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought the Kuryakyn one for my 2011 lasted 2 years then one of the ears cracked and broke off don't know about the HD one they didn't make one at the time

·
Registered
338 Posts
Foam good!!

I ended up getting the HD one. Did anyone use the stupid foam stick on pads and strips that came in the kit? Just wondering if you really need that crap (that will probably come off after the first time they get wet)...
First HD one I had I thought the same thing about the foam. I skimped on it, and didn't place it where they said, but rather where I thought it should be. The ears where it bolts on to the fender snapped after about 1000 miles. Lucky for me, the dealer covered mine under warranty. The second one I used the foam in the position they suggest, that was about 13,000 miles ago. There are no chrome issues, no rust issues or any other negatives with it that I've found.
I would definitely buy the HD unit again...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Any of you that can share a photo?

I never got around to doing this mod... back then HD did not have something to sell...

EDIT: Does not look like it will fit my CVO...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts