Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I bought a KlockWerks 12" Flare over the winter, and I am finding it too short. At low speeds the wind is hitting me right in the forehead, and on the highway I am getting a lot of head buffeting & wind noise. I ride an 06 with the stock seat, and I am 6'1".

I don't want the madstad or baggershield. I am looking for something with more style, and less than $200.

Thanks,

Guy

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Check out the CeeBaileys ... good mix of function and style... (attached a pic of mine)

Im 6'1" as well... did a cross country trip with my 14" last year and LOVED it...

can't say enough about how good they are....

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I've got a 12" KW that I had painted on the inside gloss black so it looks really good on the bike but I'm 6'3". With the stock seat it's bearable but not great but with my hammock seat it's starting to get annoying with the buffeting. The mad stad is starting to grow on me but haven't convinced myself to by one yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out the CeeBaileys ... good mix of function and style... (attached a pic of mine)

Im 6'1" as well... did a cross country trip with my 14" last year and LOVED it...

can't say enough about how good they are....
Thanks for the info. I have been looking at them. $50 for shipping on top of the price makes me think twice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Why dont you check out the KW 14" Flare? I am 6', and ride a 2013 FLTRU with stock seat. I am really happy with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why dont you check out the KW 14" Flare? I am 6', and ride a 2013 FLTRU with stock seat. I am really happy with it.
I thought about that, however by the time I include shipping & exchange I would be in the $300 range, and that is about $100 more than I want to spend.

I am leaning towards a Wind Vest or a Mako in a 14".

·
Registered
44 Posts
I second Windvest.

·
Registered
852 Posts
For your height you will want a 14" windvest or taller. I am 5'8" with a low seat and I had a 12" wi ndvest and it was fine. I know you don't want a madstad but I will say I bought one to make my wife more comfortable and for the quick adjustability but it blows away everything else.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are looking to sell the 12" klock werks I would be interested.

I have a 13" wind vest in dark smoke, rides just fine going down the freeway and I am 6'1"

·
Registered
967 Posts
One more for the Madstad ugly and pricy but beats all on performance. Yet no windshield will block all your wind after all you are on the open plus cross winds no way to stop that.
After try three windshields (LSR Maco, Cee Baileys and wind vest) Madstad for best comfort on a RG. Cee Baileys look great also pricy yet didn't perform as claim.
No one covers the passenger like Madstad plus can be adjusted fro solo rides for lower look.

·
Registered
654 Posts
If you are going with a solid shield such as Windvest, Longride, Cee Bailey, or Freedom, the "GO LARGE OR GO HOME" should be your motto. Adjustable windshields such as Baggershield or Madsad can be adjusted for looks or function.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Madstad. Mine got a lot of attention and questions today. I told people to take a pic of the name on it so they would remember. Once you convert you'll never go back. Another thing I discovered on this fine forum.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you are looking to sell the 12" klock werks I would be interested.

I have a 13" wind vest in dark smoke, rides just fine going down the freeway and I am 6'1"
Sorry, I sold it on eBay last week. I am now using a 14" Mako from Long Ride Shields, and I am very happy with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts