Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well mounted the KW 8 inch flare this afternoon, looks n performs great. Went with no trim b cause OE trim was a little short. My question is ,will the HD black trim that says Road Glide or the Kuryakyn black trim work with this windshield? Gonna go get some door trim tomorrow for now, but really like the look of the metal trim pieces.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Just curious... Are you just doing it for looks ? I ask because I have a flare windshield to mount soon and was planning on just getting rid of the trim. Does it serve any functional purpose?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just doesn't look complete to me ,it has a gap between fairing n shield. I here a lot saying it looks better without rubber trim, but to my liking I don't think so. I also have shield pulled upwards all I can cause don't want it on my paint.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I had a KW 12" on my 05 with the chrome trim so I know it will work. It is a pain to install for such a simple piece but it works. I have the 8" on teh 13" without that same trim. Not sure what the rubber trim that is on teh shield is as it was on the bike when I bought it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replies got some gloss black door trim at auto parts awhile ago going go install after work . Pics to come ! Yea I hear the HDtrim is a pain, but the Kuryakyn install is easier n a better fit. Guess if this door trim don't stay n place it will b the Kuryakyn .:cool:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Flare windshield

Based on the recommendation that the rubber trim wasn't needed, I installed it without also. It does look like something is missing. I'm not interested in the chrome piece from Kuryakyn, but may consider regular door trim as you guys suggested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts