Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of my new bars. They are LA Choppers 13" Prime Apes. BTW, NO, I repeat No extension kit was required for the install. The indi shop that installed these for me only had to extend a few wires. The stock clutch cable and brake lines were long enough.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you don't mind me asking what was the total cost?
Thanks,
The bars will run you around $300. I paid $360 for the install.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry not in Cali. Florida is where I reside. I kind of got a great deal as I am also work in the Motorcycle industry. That plus this Indi shop is a mom/pop place with great customer service, prices on labor, and reputation.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I did my LA's myself. Literally take the pins apart, unscrew the grips/brake/clutch, run wires through new bars, put pins back together, re-install with clutch re-route. Total 4 hours and 6 beers!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ok man! Those bars look sweet!!!

What diameter are they? I noticed on their website all I could find is 1.25. Aren't the stock bars 1? I have a 2012 FLTRX....does the diameter have to match exact?

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Handles much better. You have larger diameter bars and wider bars which give you more leverage thus making the push/pull factor easier.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks great. I love mine. Had them installed a few months ago on my Denim black fltrx and they have worked out great. I extended my brake line and clutch cable just to be on the safe side. Congrats on the new bars!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sorry not in Cali. Florida is where I reside. I kind of got a great deal as I am also work in the Motorcycle industry. That plus this Indi shop is a mom/pop place with great customer service, prices on labor, and reputation.
Where in Florida may I ask? I live in the Tampabay area. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I live in Jacksonville. Bars were done at Crank and Chrome in Holly Hills (Daytona).

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here are a few pics of my new bars. They are LA Choppers 13" Prime Apes. BTW, NO, I repeat No extension kit was required for the install. The indi shop that installed these for me only had to extend a few wires. The stock clutch cable and brake lines were long enough.

Damn that's sharp. I think I figured out which bars I want now, only shiny :cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Just picked up a set of 10'' twin peaks in black for my new road glide, i guess i will not need a wire extension kit or new cables?
Definitely do not need cable or brake lines. Not to sure about wire extension kit though. If I had to guess I would say no though. I'm pretty sure there is at least 2" of slack in the wires.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts