Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
6,810 Posts
I had my dealer do the install but I had asked the installer that very question. He said he has done many bar installations and he stated these worked out really well for an installation. Once again the stock cables and wiring worked without have to replace or extend anything.
Swomack

· Registered
1,758 Posts
Just got em installed. No issues!!! Take your time pull with firm pressure but dont yank. I used cable lube from HD or Lowes. Seemed to help alot.
Did you have to disassemble the TBW plug in order to thread the bare wires through and then reassemble the TBW plug? Or did all wire looms+plugs fit through the bars?

I saw mentioned somewhere else that in order to use the LA Chopper bars you have to buy their top clamp because the stock 2015 RG top clamp isn't the right size.

Is that accurate information?

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't have to disassemble the TBW (green plug). I taped everything into a small cone shape with black tape, added some cable lube (from HD or Lowes) and gently pulled and pushed. If you do go with LA Choppers bars you MUST buy the top clamp ($100.00) from them as well.

· Registered
39 Posts
I would think you'd need the bottom half of the clamp also, factory is for a 1 1/4 bar and LA choppers bar is 1 inch at the clamp. You will also need to change the banjo fittings on the hydraulic lines for them to look right, factory is a 90 degree, you'll need a straight. The other thing is the hole in the base of the bar for the wires is at the bottom and the factory bar is in front. Basically it's a bar for the older design that you can make work on a 2015. You would think that a handlebar costing 250 bucks would fit without all the extra crap you need to buy and the exit hole for the wires will still be in the wrong place , no thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.