Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone of you have used the LA Choppers extended brake line and clutch cable kits to install your ape hangers. I installed the 14" Wild 1 Outlawz and ordered the LA Choppers kit for the 12-14" apes, but I can't seem to figure out the three piece front brake line setup. I can't get the hoses to hook up to the junction block and still sit where they would need to sit. The junction block can only go on one way because of the alignment pin it has to sit in, but I can't seem to figure out how to route the hoses right. I have an email in to tech support at LA Choppers, but don't expect to hear from them until next week. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just used them last week for my bars. I only used the extended front brake line in the kit, but was a straight bolt in. I released the cable from the lever, loosened the front tank mounts, removed the rear tank mount, lifted it up and chased the cable to the block. swapped the cable out that way and ran back to the lever. I then did all my brake bleeding with a power bleeder. All done. gimme a shout if u have any questions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming you have ABS? My front brake line from the lever runs to a junction block under the front fork.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
If i remember correctly as i did my la choppers kit quite awhile ago. I couldnt mount the new block in the same way as the factory one. It angles alil differently and again if memory serves me i also had to cut the lil tab off the new block so you could reposition it to hook the lines up. I dont have ABS and bleeding was simple for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's looking like the route I'm going to have to go. I figured if it was a kit, it would bolt right up......but what do I know. I will probably forfeit the cost of the brake lines and end up buying a one piece unit from Drag Specialties. Not impressed with the LA choppers kit.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Besides the brake line junction block the la choppers kit is a nice set up. Id use one again

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I was able to get the junction block to work. I drilled a hole in the block where the dowel pin on the front fork would sit in and where the block was aligned where it should be. You can't see the hole I drilled when installed(really can't see the block anyways!) and it mounted up solid, so I'll go with it for now. The clutch cable ended up being about 4" too long for the 14" Outlawz, but I imagine they would work on other 14" apes with more pullback. I used it anyway, may change it out later because I'm picky about that kind of stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts