Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was horrified when I figured out no closable vents on my 2020 limited. Traded in a 16 CVO RG Ultra never opened them for three years. Then saw a post on here before I was a member that there was no Fix. Contacted my dealer 228.00 plus labor to install closing vents, 320.00 to install TPMS in wheels 2020 have the module already. What’s Wrong With HD, both should be standard equipment

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Some people call those added prices for things that would normally be standard for some, are a Harley tax.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The price of the 2020 went down way more then it will cost you to put the vents in. Get them from an on line discounter and put them in yourself and it wont be as much. Wait till you need new tires to add the TPMS sensors. It's not cost effective to have the tires pulled just to add the sensors.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
The price of the 2020 went down way more then it will cost you to put the vents in. Get them from an on line discounter and put them in yourself and it wont be as much. Wait till you need new tires to add the TPMS sensors. It's not cost effective to have the tires pulled just to add the sensors.
Got a part number or pointer to the vent kit?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I rarely use the bottom ones anyway,mostly top vent. Sucks for those who do use them though. It would be better for Harley to make fairing closed up on bottom. But since they left it like that and didn’t make much effort to do anything about it, makes me wonder if they have a new fairing planned soon anyway

·
Registered
49 Posts
My Limited 2020 came with tpms and there was NOT a line charge for it. The only add was RDRS at 995. Love the bike. The salesman told me about the vents in the fairing and I kept telling him there were none. finally he looked and was wow, you are right.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Wow response was the same thing I got at my dealership, you are right some 2020 have TPMS some don’t but they all have the computer module so you only need the sensors. Really appreciate the forum Russ

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
The Wow response was the same thing I got at my dealership, you are right some 2020 have TPMS some don’t but they all have the computer module so you only need the sensors. Really appreciate the forum Russ
Welcome. This is the Only forum I go on. Knowledgeable and friendly people here.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Was horrified when I figured out no closable vents on my 2020 limited.
If that's all it takes to get you horrified, I wish you the best in the future.

Traded in a 16 CVO RG Ultra never opened them for three years. Then saw a post on here before I was a member that there was no Fix. Contacted my dealer 228.00 plus labor to install closing vents, 320.00 to install TPMS in wheels 2020 have the module already. What’s Wrong With HD, both should be standard equipment
Here's the thing, everyone has a laundry list of things they think HD should have standard on our bikes. Add up those lists from everyone and you got 100 things that "should be standard", then the price of the bike goes up another 5-10k. You have to appeal to the masses, some of the things that we think should be standard would price the bike out of the range for others and no business wants to do that to potential customers. That being said, it's nice that we can individually adjust the things we'd like to make our bikes how we want them. We'd all like $800 day makers or the Custom Dynamics versions for the same price, I had them on my 12 and loved them, thought they were worth every penny. Some people wouldn't spend that on a headlight, to me it was important, though I've not yet done the same on my 18. It's all personal preference.

Wade

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Couldn’t agree more, I met someone from here 3 years ago at the Iron Horse Lodge in North Carolina glad I finally joined. Can’t wait to make it to a Shark Week

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very true, but you can still also say for what they charge, and compared to other brands they could do a little better. It’s all our fault we keep buying them no matter what, what is wrong with us

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Very true, but you can still also say for what they charge, and compared to other brands they could do a little better. It’s all our fault we keep buying them no matter what, what is wrong with us

it's all in how you look at it. a $15,000 dodge dart has many of the 'features' that a $60,000 cadillac has. but there is a definite difference in the 2.

how many 20 or 30 year old indians do you still see on the road, compared to the same vintage harleys? oh, wait... :D

....... that was my question, as i do not believe the '20s have the hole cut out in the vent tunnel for the activation button
the whole unit gets replaced, not just the door. see item 30. hard to tell from that perspective, but that is the button.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts