Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, who's interested in a meet and greet get together at Laconia? These are always hard to coordinate due to the event being 10 days long and people come and go throughout the week. Anyone interested in getting together on Wed/Thurs/Fri? Personally, I was thinking about riding up to the Hill Climb on Wednesday if anyone wanted to do that. We could meet for a late mid-morning breakfast and then head up or just meet around 11:00 and ride up to the climb.

Or Thursday or Friday we could meet somewhere (Hawg Pen, Farmington, NH?) and then ride around the lake and end up at the Weirs. Or just meet for lunch around Laconia (Patrick's Pub?) and then do a ride?

I'm open to suggestion, who wants to try to get together for a couple hours or 1/2 a day?

·
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did everyone fall asleep?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Will wait until event is closer, after a look at forecast.

Just a thought, but might be good to meet at one of the DJ's events at the dealership. It will allow him to be included, and I'm guessing we will all make a stop at that location at some point anyway.

Reposting what I put up on another thread, for people that might be newer visitors:

Note about approaching the "strip". Look up the NASWA. You want to approach passing that location, which runs along the side of Paugus Bay. Driving in from North, or South backs up. At peak times, over a mile of stop and go. Unless you are early in the day, or after 7pm, park in the paid lot as you cross over the bridge on your right. The "coffee" people take up most of the "strip" parking early in the day. Plus, getting off the strip is a big circle, that you need to know how to get out of, without getting into the south bound traffic jam. (At Spoke traffic lights, go straight, left at next stop sign, then find your destination from there).

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Since I just got off an 11 day vacation, a 2524 mile trip to NC & back, Getting time off that week might be a stretch. I'll see what happens.

·
Registered
306 Posts
As often happens, we get tied up with our own crew, and don't have time to meet anyone from the forums. Could be best that meet and greets be separate from big events.

Been in Laconia since Sunday. Lots of fun with our group. The band Manchuka at Tower Hill on Sunday, and Thursday at the patio were a big hit with us. Flaunt is at Road House daily. The girl fired on the throttle show is at the Spoke.

I got some Custom Dynamic's LED's at the top of the old WB Waterslide lot. We rode to Bentleys, long way around Wednesday. Was at the Hillbilly in North Conway today. RT 16 is new pavement. Awesome.

Good crowd for a Thursday night. But, the week is way down.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Big crowd there yesterday. Had to park behind the turkey farm to walk around Merideth HD. Wiers was a full house too. Motorcycles parked everywhere.
Lost count of how many Road Glides I saw riding in and out of town.

·
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
3? That's a cheap shot .... hell, Mike's got 10 fingers!

I rode down Wed. and came back yesterday evening. I thought the crowds were maybe a little lighter than usual during the week, but when Friday came it was wall to wall bikes. I think I saw almost as many 2015 Road Glides as I did all the other years combined. That's an exaggeration, but there were an amazing amount of Rushmore Glides. I went to Laconia HD twice. I went there on Thurs to pick up the obligatory T-shirt and they were having a special on changing fluids in all 3 holes and my bike was about 1,000 miles past needing an oil and primary change so I went back the next day and got that done. All 3 holes for $129. and they turned it around in about an hour. Gave me time to check out the vendors set up there and next door. I did get together with Glider Rider and his wife for a nice ride to Wolfeboro and dinner on Wed. night. I had a very enjoyable evening, and a good overall trip.

Did you get down at all Terry?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I worked 9 straight days at Laconia HD & the Naswa. Great weather,great week. Feedback was the crowds were 70% Canadian. I had some buddies come in from Ohio, so only drove my glide to HD to work. Got my speakers done by John at J & M, and custom dynamics installed. Pretty great weather. I was hoping to run into some of you.

·
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I worked 9 straight days at Laconia HD & the Naswa. Great weather,great week. Feedback was the crowds were 70% Canadian. I had some buddies come in from Ohio, so only drove my glide to HD to work. Got my speakers done by John at J & M, and custom dynamics installed. Pretty great weather. I was hoping to run into some of you.
I was at Laconia HD on Thursday afternoon and again late Friday a.m. and looked for you both times but obviously you weren't working at those specific times. Interesting that they moved the beer tent off to the side of the building this year.

·
Registered
918 Posts
3? That's a cheap shot .... hell, Mike's got 10 fingers!

I rode down Wed. and came back yesterday evening. I thought the crowds were maybe a little lighter than usual during the week, but when Friday came it was wall to wall bikes. I think I saw almost as many 2015 Road Glides as I did all the other years combined. That's an exaggeration, but there were an amazing amount of Rushmore Glides. I went to Laconia HD twice. I went there on Thurs to pick up the obligatory T-shirt and they were having a special on changing fluids in all 3 holes and my bike was about 1,000 miles past needing an oil and primary change so I went back the next day and got that done. All 3 holes for $129. and they turned it around in about an hour. Gave me time to check out the vendors set up there and next door. I did get together with Glider Rider and his wife for a nice ride to Wolfeboro and dinner on Wed. night. I had a very enjoyable evening, and a good overall trip.

Did you get down at all Terry?
Just because Mike has 10 fingers doesn't mean he learned to count the all !! :D I made a dash over on Wednesday. Left here at 4:30am and pulled into parking lot at 10:00am. Left at 2:00pm for a ride north to Lincoln and a trip across the Kanc and up to Gorham then Rt2 back to Bangor....Had 4 calls from contractors/work as I was away. Took care of issues on phone and put in for overtime as I was away on vacation day. Used 8 hours vacation and gained 12 hours of overtime. Did not notice as many venders across the road as in other years....crowd was typical for mid week, as I only stay for maybe 4 hours before hitting the road for more riding. Traffic not backed up leaving and heading north past Broken Spoke.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thursday I was spinning/hosting the bikini contest at the Naswa. Good times. Friday I was there, but when the band is on, I am out talking to the vendors about their products so I can talk about them when the band takes a break. The bands were on 12-4.
The tent was smaller this year, and some vendors complaining it was too loud in that location. They are going to hire me for Daytona as well if we can come to terms.

·
Registered
816 Posts
So it was more than 3
Had Sue count and I marked the windshield to keep track:p
Maybelline comes off plexi easier than I thought:D

I did get together with Glider Rider and his wife
I'd like to catch up with Wes and Bel, havent seen them since 4.

I think I saw almost as many 2015 Road Glides
I wanna say it was 40/60 2015 to old. Saw more than I thought I would.
Dealers are loaded with them and the 16s are coming. They go sub 18K and I may have one.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I did get together with Glider Rider and his wife

I'd like to catch up with Wes and Bel, havent seen them since 4.

Quote:
I think I saw almost as many 2015 Road Glides

I wanna say it was 40/60 2015 to old. Saw more than I thought I would.
Dealers are loaded with them and the 16s are coming. They go sub 18K and I may have one.
Mike the plan is to have the bike in Newport Fri - Sun over the 4th. I'll touch base.

I rode up Fri afternoon with a buddy that I keep trying to talk into a RG. He made a comment about the amount of them we saw, especially the new '15's.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm heading to Laconia for a weeks vaca tomorrow if anyone wants to ride.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts