Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is headed to Laconia Bike Week this year? I can't make SWV, so I'll be spending a few days in Laconia. I'll be there June 14-16 and would like to meet up with any other members that will be there. This will be my 4th or 5th time attending the rally.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am planning on going with a few friends, but we are not leaving to go until 15 or 16th. So if your dates change at all. I camp at the Michigan Nascar race for father's day weekend. If not for that then I would be making it to SWV.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I live in Laconia in the warm months and will be hosting the bike week bikini contest at the Naswa Resort on Thursday.

DJ Terry Moran

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm 20 mins south of Weirs And I'll be there!!
Been trying to hit bikini contest last few tears but wife always shuts me down
Funny I'm allowed to do the beer belly contest!! As contestant!! Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'm 30 min south. I usually go up the first Sun and then avoid it because of traffic. If another M&G is set up for this year I'll try to make it as usual.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm game for a meet up on the first Sunday, but I won't arrive until late afternoon that day

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey guys,
I just got booked to play in between bands at Laconia HD for Laconia 2015. I'm also flying in DJ Toad, a rock 'n' roll DJ from Ohio as we are covering LHD and the Naswa beach bar everyday. Bike week bikini contest is Thursday at 1pm. We'll also be having a rock n roll bingo game with cash prizes each day. This is a rock mix I made years ago. Feel free to DL for free and put in your iPod/phone to blast on the glide:
https://soundcloud.com/terry-moran/dj-terry-moran-bike-week-2011
I'll post the perm schedule once I have it. Come by and say hello. With 88 hours of work that week I'm not sure how many miles I'll get to put on the glide.

DJ Terry Moran

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,449 Posts
I'm 30 min south. I usually go up the first Sun and then avoid it because of traffic. If another M&G is set up for this year I'll try to make it as usual.
Just a reminder GR.... you're married now, so you better check to see if you have permission to go!!! :eek:

I plan on being there for 3-4 days, probably mid-week when you can actually get some riding in and avoid the weekend gridlock. I'm up for a quick M&G or possibly a group ride for half a day that includes lunch. A ride around the lake with lunch in Wolfboro or some other town is always nice. Or maybe a cruise up to the new AMA Pro Hill Climb location in Canaan on Wednesday. It's about an hour from Laconia to the hill. Grab a beer and some lunch, watch the gonzos on nitro blast up the hill (up to 230 HP in the Extreme class!) and then ride back to Laconia via a different route. I'm "in" for whatever anyone wants to do if we plan it far enough in advance so I don't have any schedule conflicts.

Woodie (Kevin)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Northwoods, looks like brokenarrow will be joining me in Laconia. We'll be there Sun-Tues. Probably too early in the week to have a decent M&G.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Another relatively local guy here, about a half hour away. My attendance varies depending upon weather but I usually hit it at least twice, once mid-week with my son and once on the weekend with my wife. Son just got a new job so he's likely out this year.

I'd be up for a M&G if we can pull together a day. I work evenings so even on days I work I head up early and head out by 2. But if it's a nice enough day I've been known to blow off work! I haven't been to the Hill Climbs in years so that sounds like fun.

I'll check back as we get closer.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Been to a number of NASWA "contests" over the years. The last one during bike week was probably 13'. Have attended via MC, boat, and Jet Ski. One of our crew was dubbed "Front Row Joe" during a WAAF one about 8 years ago. Always a fun time, except the line for the pisser.

Our crew arrives Sunday. With people returning starting on Wednesday. I stay, depending on weather. We spend time at the Spoke. Late Evenings around the Tower Hill pubs, as housing is a walk from there.

Our long Mon/Tues trip is over to Bentley's this year.

·
10,449 Posts
Northwoods, looks like brokenarrow will be joining me in Laconia. We'll be there Sun-Tues. Probably too early in the week to have a decent M&G.
Hi Billy, I plan to arrive there mid to late afternoon on Tuesday (16th.) and will likely leave Saturday a.m. I'm up for a get together with anyone that wants to on Wed/Thurs/Fri. Hill climb on Wed.? Lunch any of the days? Whatever works.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Will be a day to day decision when I ride over....
Depending on work schedule and weather....
It's a dayride over and back for food and scenery,
usually have a couple other Bar Harbor guys with me

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Billy, I plan to arrive there mid to late afternoon on Tuesday (16th.) and will likely leave Saturday a.m. I'm up for a get together with anyone that wants to on Wed/Thurs/Fri. Hill climb on Wed.? Lunch any of the days? Whatever works.
We'll be gone by noon on Tuesday :(

·
Registered
493 Posts
Here is my finalized schedule for Laconia. When I'm at Laconia HD, it's 10am-7p. The Naswa gigs are usually afternoon 3-8 type stuff. Stop by and say hello.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
DJ - I can't open a version of the schedule that is readable. IMHO, need a better pic or scan. Or, copy text, and paste.

·
10,449 Posts
Hey guys, I've started a new Laconia Meet and Greet thread under the "Organize Rides" section. I posted 2-3 suggestions, everyone speak up there so we can get something organized.

·
Registered
493 Posts
DJ - I can't open a version of the schedule that is readable. IMHO, need a better pic or scan. Or, copy text, and paste.
Sorry Puck, just saw this and changed the file. They don't make this shizz easy do they? I hope to see some of you guys come through. At LHD, I'll be playing between bands, so there will be some downtime. I am getting custom dynamics lights installed, the stereo being reworked by John at J & M, and maybe my inner painted. J & M is right on the lot at LHD. Praying for great weather since the last week has been so cold up here.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks DJ, readable now !

Is Custom Dynamics at LHD or Turkey lot next door ?

I'm looking for added rear lighting to stock. Am going to check out Kury in the Turkey lot too. Their online doesn't indicate much fits.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thanks DJ, readable now !

Is Custom Dynamics at LHD or Turkey lot next door ?

I'm looking for added rear lighting to stock. Am going to check out Kury in the Turkey lot too. Their online doesn't indicate much fits.

Custom lighting Efx will be at the lobster pound lot installing custom dynamic setups. ken is a great guy and I'm trying to get special pricing out of him. Here is hi FB page: https://www.facebook.com/customlightingefx?ref=ts&fref=ts

1 - 20 of 26 Posts