Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
June 11th - 18th, 2016

ROAD GLIDE Meet and Greet. At Laconia HD/Harts Turkey Farm. Friday. See page three in this thread for details on the Meet and Greet.

Laconia Harley Davidson Schedule of Events:

Bike Week Schedule 2016 | Laconia Harley-Davidson® | Meredith New Hampshire

There is a Laconia Bike Week Facebook page. Search and Like to get on it. New person seems to be running it this year. A lot more activity.

Official Web Page: Home - Laconia Motorcycle Week®

There is a Laconia Rally phone app. Hasn't contained much in the past.

NEW !!!! LaconiaFest at the Drive - In location, which has been vendor and parking area in the past. Steven Tyler, Bret Michaels, Buck Cherry, Saving Abel, Ted Nugent, more in line up still being announced. As posted on 5-10-16, bands supporting main acts start at 6, headliners at 9:30pm. Serious change in the Rally's entertainment:

https://laconiafest.com/

The Road House, which is in an adjacent location, is responding by up-grading their acts.

Laconia Motorcycle Week® Featured Live Music - Laconia Motorcycle Week®

Also, Bank NH Pavilion, near the airport, has a few acts scheduled:

https://www.banknhpavilion.com/

Speedway getting into the act: Jackyl

Jackyl To Play Post-Race Concert June 18 At The 93rd Loudon Classic

With three, now four major venues in the area now, it should be the best line up for music acts, in decades.

Other Music Locations:

Laconia Harley Davidson in Meredith on Rt 3 - Daytimes mostly. Road Glide Member DJTman spinning. Daily Line up for Music and all other events:

Bike Week Schedule 2016 | Laconia Harley-Davidson® | Meredith New Hampshire

Broken Spoke - Rt 3 North of Weirs, parking behind location, turn at light.

Laconia Events - Broken Spoke Saloon

Looney Bin - Rt 3 North of Weirs, near Spoke on opposite side of street. Smaller bar and acts.

http://www.looneybinbar.com/events.htm

At the Far end of the strip, near tower and railroad bridge, are 3 nightclub music venues:

Patio Garden Line-up - Two stages:

Party Central | WEIRS BEACH - WHERE LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE BEGINS

Tower Hill Tavern - ground level, and up-stairs:

Tower Hill Tavern

Paradise - Indoor and outdoor "beach" (not really, but there is sand, lounges, and a tiki bar)

CLUB CALENDAR

Heading away from Weirs towards downtown,

NASWA

The NASWA Resort Events and Entertainment Schedule

Vendors

Page 3 in this thread covers the Vendor lists, published as of the update noted on the page. That's not to say people are keeping their web sites up to date. Once again, a bit of movement, and additional "no shows" this year. Of course, the hope is that the new music will attract more vendors. At least in the future.

NH MC Laws - From AMA

State-by-state motorcycle laws

I will try and keep this page up-dated.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I usually make at least 1 if not a few day trips, it's only 120 miles each way. Leave early enough to beat the traffic and crowds and am usually eating breakfast at Donna Jeans by 8:00 AM. People watch for a while and go for a ride.

·
Registered
224 Posts
interested in going

I will look at the website, but further details through here would be great and RD specific even better.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will look at the website, but further details through here would be great and RD specific even better.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Getting the right Lodging is always a question for first time visitors. There are a lot of options and locations.

Be mindful that the Rally is at Weirs Beach. Many of the top vendors are a few miles away, at the HD dealership/Harts Turkey Farm location.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Great article Puckcoach, thank you for doing your part to raise public awareness for such a worthy cause. I myself will doing my part as a "Free the nipple advocate" to view and support within Laconia city limits.
:nerd::nerd::nerd:

·
Registered
422 Posts
They have been trying to make Laconia (a biker event) family friendly for many years. About 5+ years ago a bunch of us were at the deck/bar right across from the Weirs Beach sign. We were having typical biker fun until a bus of state troopers showed up and kind of surrounded the deck informing that any of us walking around with our drinks or shouting out to anyone would result in our arrest. Needless to say the place emptied out pretty quickly. I have witnessed many bikers harassed for minor infractions for too long. I am 55 and have been going to Laconia for over 35 years. It has changed a lot over the years. Anyone remember hanging out/partying behind the race track.

The Rendezvous seems to be the last hard core bike event on the east coast, if you're into that kind of thing!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A new location added !

Other side of the Lake on Rt 16.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Bikini contest is always Thursday at the Naswa. I'll be hosting for the 19th year. Someone's gotta do it! Also, my buddy Jack Schit from AZ will be out to host at the Laconia roadhouse. Good guy, rides a 2015 RG and writes for cycle source magazine. He hosts bike rallies all over the country.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Anyone remember hanging out/partying behind the race track
Animal Hill

What about everyone camping along route 106?
Ahhh those were the days...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Announced on April 8th ----- Laconia Fest. A whole need entertainment venue at the Drive In Location. Bands still being announced as of this up-date on 4-11.

Saving Abel, Ted Nugent. Check out the listing at:

https://laconiafest.com/

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,630 Posts
Animal Hill

What about everyone camping along route 106?
Ahhh those were the days...

+1 on the Rte. 106 camping. Been there and sort of remember doing that. The first Loudon track (Briar) was a great place to watch a race from. If you were in the front stretch grandstand, you could see everything but one corner. There were some epic high speed battles cresting the back stretch hill with front wheels 2-3' off the asphalt. Remember those times like it was yesterday. Sigh.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Heading up, with my two sons, for Thursday-Sunday. The final weekend. The last two years have been pretty dry. That means that it will, most likely, pour for all four days this time. They don't call it "Rain-conia" for nothing.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts