Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as usual a trip is planned , me and my buddies are doing Laconia this year, except instead of going Thursday thru Sunday , we chose to go Saturday thru Tuesday at the beginning of the week, got a better deal on the econolodge and obviously less traffic and crowds, dis the end of the week madness plenty of times, just going for the riding this time. Any of you shark tank members heading there early in the week as well just curious, wouldn't mind meeting up with some of you fellas and put faces on some of the screen names.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I've been trying to think of a good time to go visit family in MA/NH. Might be a good reason to choose the beginning of June.

I toured the area in 2014 on my Concours 1400. Really enjoyed Maine. Rained the whole time I was riding in NH. Of course June can be pretty rainy in that area.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes weather can be a gamble, I learned that with trips to Americade in lake George, I will actually be in lake George at the end of June with two other couples , this is our bike trip for me and the wife, we are headed there June the 27th thru 30th, great town, food and riding.:smile:

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Yes weather can be a gamble, I learned that with trips to Americade in lake George, I will actually be in lake George at the end of June with two other couples , this is our bike trip for me and the wife, we are headed there June the 27th thru 30th, great town, food and riding.:smile:
You're right about the weather. Went to Laconia Bike week twice and never saw the Sun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well as usual a trip is planned , me and my buddies are doing Laconia this year, except instead of going Thursday thru Sunday , we chose to go Saturday thru Tuesday at the beginning of the week, got a better deal on the econolodge and obviously less traffic and crowds, dis the end of the week madness plenty of times, just going for the riding this time. Any of you shark tank members heading there early in the week as well just curious, wouldn't mind meeting up with some of you fellas and put faces on some of the screen names.
I've been planning my rally trips like this for years......show up a few days early and leave mid-week before the madness starts. The roads are the same and less crowded, hotels are cheaper, restaurants are less crowded and most of the vendors are already there. The one (and only) year I went to Daytona, the traffic was so bad we parked the bikes on Friday and Saturday and walked to Main St.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At this stage of the game I have done the weekend madness plenty of times, so figured we go early and ride and enjoy without the traffic, because the traffic circle going to wires beach was a disaster on Friday and Saturday, total buzzkill.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes I'm going Wednesday-Sunday. Got a house with some buddies. Maybe we can set something up as it gets closer.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the time is near, leaving Saturday morning to Laconia, I will be staying on tilton, maybe one can we can meet up with some other members everyone going have a good trip and ride safe, pictures will be posted as they come.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts