·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
47 Days to Go !

No real Music Up dates to post yet.

Latest Vendors List for the immediate Weirs Beach Area:

Motorcycle Week Vendors « WEIRS BEACH ? WHERE LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE BEGINS

Note -> The National HOG set up is below the Road House, on opposite side of street from the Weirs Beach sign / turn onto Lakeside Ave. The Harley Demo Test rides ran from their last year. I would not expect free parking there. Closest/cheapest after Lake Side Ave is full, would be at the Bridge, down to the beach.

There are other Vendor locations. Harley and the NHMS Track have the higher end Vendors. Last year, the other brands ran their Demo Ride from the Track.

Note-> For any new comers to this Rally, Laconia Harley is ramped up with a huge volume of New and Used bikes. A lot of Service people brought in too. Guys with a long ride into the area, call ahead to schedule oil changes. They are set up -with parts- to do major repairs - many same day. Stators, fork seals, etc. Some Warranty Work too ! But, don't expect them to do the overnight clutch recall.....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
33 Days to Go !

Still not a lot of music updates posted.

Meredith Harley site says Bands All Day. So, they might not update any further.

Broken Spoke, Music at the Marketplace, Naswa, Road house all nothing posted for 2019.

The weather has been less than Bike riding weather, including near me, 2 hours south near the Stadium. In fact, it snowed last week in Ski country. Just about all of the ski areas closed yesterday. Some still had pretty good cover. Just no skiers/income. Jay, Sugarloaf done.

I mention this, as it might have an effect on repaving plans. With rain volume, mud season probably extended a bit. (certain roads are closed to hi weight trucking).

I was over on the coast last week. Seasonal businesses starting to work on getting open. A few open. Hampton Beach was not "empty", with a few sit down's, grab joints, and rag stores open. York Beach a bit quieter. But, Bentleys is open in Arundel !

·
Registered
6 Posts
First time to Laconia....going this year.

Hey guys, new to the group as of a couple months ago. I will be going to Laconia with my wife (we are coming from Ohio) and some family who are riding (we are meeting them in Mass). This is the first for me and there little lady. We are coming there the 7th, 8th, and 9th. Any wisdom would be great. We are mid 40's and don't do the party thing anymore, we enjoy life...not wait to come to and then for the hang over to end.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Hey guys, new to the group as of a couple months ago. I will be going to Laconia with my wife (we are coming from Ohio) and some family who are riding (we are meeting them in Mass). This is the first for me and there little lady. We are coming there the 7th, 8th, and 9th. Any wisdom would be great. We are mid 40's and don't do the party thing anymore, we enjoy life...not wait to come to and then for the hang over to end.
Ok, let me focus on area rides. Being from Ohio (I was just in Cleveland and Toledo last week) I would think the sea coast would be number one.

South out of Weirs, to Rt 11 into Rochester, Rt 16 to 95S. 101 East into Hampton Beach. Right on Brown Ave, Right onto Ashworth, then tight left onto Ocean Blvd. Stay on that, for 15 mostly awesome miles. At rotary, go onto Rt 1B. Get into Portsmouth. Cross over on Memorial Bridge Rt 1 into Maine, at rotary, get on Rt 103, to York. At end, right onto 1A towards York Beach. (Maybe stop at Nubble light) At end in York Beach downtown, slight right and then left up the hill on Main Street. A semi fork, will come up, take the right side onto Shore Road. Follow that until it gets to Rt 1.

At this point, stops or no stops, you have been going awhile. Choice A - to continue north to Bentley's in Arundel on Rt 1. Or, B - work your way back to Laconia.

Bentley's is abour 20 minutes north at this point. Way back on Campground Rd, to Limerick, to Rt111/202 to Rochester, then Rt 11 2.5 hours

B - by taking Berwick Road into North Berwick - then choices of quicker 9/Rt16/Rt11 (1 hour), or North on 4 into Sanford, 109 to Wolfboro, Rt28 to Rt 11 (1:45)

Also great trip is going north of Laconia. Rt 3 to North Woodstock, Lunch at North Woodstock Inn, then east across Rt 112 Kancamungus, then south on Rt 16, back across top of lake on Rt 25 To Rt 3

If you have time, after North Woodstock, continue north on Rt 3 thru to Rt 302, right to go by Bretton Woods, Mt Washington Hotel, another "notch" and back south on Rt 16.

Or if more time, go over the top by stating on rt 3, and going right on Rt 2, then to Rt 16 which will bring you by the MT Washington Auto road.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
25 Days to Go !

Still no further music updates.

However, I made a mistake on a post in March. The Big House is the new name of The Paradise Beach Club, not a rebrand of Tower Hill. A music schedule that was on the Paradise site, has been pulled down. There is not a schedule on the new Big House web site. Certainly a good summer line up thou ! There is a listing on the Official Rally site.

The music announcements by the venues seem to get later each year.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Choice A - to continue north to Bentley's in Arundel on Rt 1. Or, B - work your way back to Laconia.
Another option is The Iron Tails Saloon is nearby in Acton ME.

I'm looking for a good ride to Maine so we can scratch that state off our list. Any suggestions?
From the Weirs head North, either Route 3 or 93, head up through the Notch and take Route 3 up through Twin Mountain, Pick up Route 2 and head East through Gorham. You'll pass the Town & Country Inn in Shelburne, home of the 'Insane in Maine' Shark Week.

My schedule has changed this year and I'll have more time available for a meet & greet. Hopefully we can meet up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All, can anyone tell me what is the prominent club is that shows up at Laconia? I am coming up with some family and friends that are in a riders club and I just want to let them know if they may have any issues.

Thanks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Me and two buddies from Pittsburgh are heading up Friday the 7th for the weekend. Not much time to ride while there but thinking Saturday Mt Washington and Sunday I'm looking for a good ride to Maine so we can scratch that state off our list. Any suggestions?
Long hours to get to Laconia from State College. Our crew was in Gettysburg last August.

As I always suggest, take a look at the New England Riders site. There is no better site, for "Best Rides". That said, you could take 20 weeks to ride all that is in between you, and Laconia.

As stated in this thread, from Laconia/Weirs Beach, RT 3 North. Then 3 choices, RT 112 East - Kancamungus, or further north to Rt 302, which will get you thru both notches, or over the top to Twin Mountain and down to Mt Washington. (discussed earlier in this thread). Personally, I would ride up to 302, go east, back across on Rt 112.

Again, earlier in the thread there are Maine NH seacoast ride. I suggest that.

Don't know what town you are staying, or how long. Post that up for better advice.

Apes below shoulders !

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hello All, can anyone tell me what is the prominent club is that shows up at Laconia? I am coming up with some family and friends that are in a riders club and I just want to let them know if they may have any issues.

Thanks.
One would say that HA are the Host % Club. They have a long term relationship with the "rally", public safety, and some businesses. All want the Rally to succeed.

Most of their presence is in the Road House (Farros Grill hill) bridge area and on Lakeside Ave.

There are plenty of non % vests at the Rally. I am not versed enough to comment on the % club community. Who gets along with whom, is probably best answered by club members.

There are some that say don't wear red while at the rally. They do have support wear retail locations.

But, if you just go and have fun, be respectful, and don't argue with anyone, you won't have a problem.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Six days to Go !!!!!!

One of my favorite Music Venues, Music at the Market Place/Patio Garden has published it's line up !!! I will be there Sunday afternoon. Possible Weds evening too.

Party Central « WEIRS BEACH ? WHERE LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE BEGINS

Broken Spoke, still nothing posted.

NASWA - James Montgomery ! I am usually the Bikini Contest on Thursday with fellow forum member DJ Man

https://bikeweek.com/organizer/the-naswa-resort/

Road House Schedule - jam packed !

Laconiaroadhouse ? The Laconia Roadhouse is the biggest and best entertainment complex at Laconia Motorcycle Week | Laconia, New Hampshire

The Big House - formerly Paradise. Shovelhead on Wednesday

https://www.facebook.com/pg/bighousenightclub/events/

NEWS

Something happening at the old Antler/Boot Hill site:

LaconiaBikeWeek.net ? View topic - Boot Hill Saloon - Laconia 2019

Meredith / Laconia Harley - All the details on the Link Below. Noted changes from earlier posts in this thread;

Demo Truck is at Dealer, not at the Drive In, or Track.

https://inbound.laconiaharley.com/laconia-harley-davidson-bike-week

Ride to the Sky leaving from Dealer is Thursday. Might be one Monday, from Rally headquarters. Official Web Site advertises one on Monday 10th, which was last years date. Not listed under events.
I emailed them to correct. Will advise if I get answer.

More in coming days, gotta wash the bike.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool. I am good with the HA in my area. Live and let Live.....have fun, leave the BS, and don't be a dick. That is what I live by. Thanks puckaoch for all the help.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Long hours to get to Laconia from State College. Our crew was in Gettysburg last August.

As I always suggest, take a look at the New England Riders site. There is no better site, for "Best Rides". That said, you could take 20 weeks to ride all that is in between you, and Laconia.

As stated in this thread, from Laconia/Weirs Beach, RT 3 North. Then 3 choices, RT 112 East - Kancamungus, or further north to Rt 302, which will get you thru both notches, or over the top to Twin Mountain and down to Mt Washington. (discussed earlier in this thread). Personally, I would ride up to 302, go east, back across on Rt 112.

Again, earlier in the thread there are Maine NH seacoast ride. I suggest that.

Don't know what town you are staying, or how long. Post that up for better advice.

Apes below shoulders !

Thanks man! We are staying at the Holiday Inn in Tilton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'll throw it out there.
If anyone is interested in getting together on Thurs the 13th for lunch, lets meet at Dominicks Restaurant, 346 Suncook Valley Rd (Route 28) in Chichester.
Across the street is Grateful Sleds. If you can't make the Meet & Greet, he has lots of bike week events. Stop in and pick up a Grateful Sleds T shirt.
Who's in???

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Well, it 's over for 2019.

Please post your observations, if you made it to the event !

For me, our crew had a great time. The new third house, within walking distance, had the crew together more often. Crew spent a lot of time at Tower Hill, and the Road House Tent. Certainly some Spoke time too.

First Saturday and Sunday were busy. Great weather. Saturday saw the back up reaching back to the NASWA.

Sunday we stayed Local, attending Manchuka in the afternoon. Then, watching the Bruins game Sunday night was awesome. 20+ in the house or on the driveway. Lot's of visitors too !

Monday's ride was to the Woodstock, across the Kanc, then lunch at the pig.

Tuesday rain slowed the start for us, and probably stopped most from day tripping. Was a bit of a ghost town.

Wednesday riding for me was curtailed, as I headed back home for Bruins Game 7, well at least I showed up....

The Antler/Boot Hill was indeed open.

Vendor count was certainly down. With Farro's hill down some, and the Drive In empty. Harley did run demo rides from the Track, and Laconia Harley. Who's vendors were a little better, in quality. Down some in volume, up at the Turkey lot. Considering it's a hot topic on this site, was surprised that I did not see one vendor, doing Boom conversions to the Sony.

The wet spring certainly limited some of the re-paving. Plus, did a bit more mud season damage.

I certainly did not get to see even 20% of the bands. But, what I saw were once again good. In case my feelings are not clear, I think the Rally and businesses screw up by not having early music schedule announcements. As well as the elementary school level rally web site, that almost prevents you from seeing venue schedules.

If you made it to the area, post your thoughts !!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
My first time there (7th-9th) We really didn't partake in too much "rally stuff" but the little we did it seemed on the small side and not really energetic, but again we were there early.

The area around Laconia is absolutely beautiful and having perfect weather really helped out! Best parts of the trip was, of course the ride back and forth but Mt Washington, RT93 heading back to Tilton, the Kancamungus, High Roller lobster rolls (Portland), Bisell Brothers Beer (Portland) and Casamigos Mexican restaurant in Tilton.

Not sure I would do Laconia Bike week again but I would definitely like to explore more of the northeast!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts